• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club Cricket 2018

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
My finger injury turned out to be season ending. New shoes and new bat can go back in the garage until next year.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Defeat at Upottery on Saturday , first time I’ve ever played there , not massively disappointed If I never do again to be fair....

We got 190 in our 45 overs , I chipped in with 30 & then bowled 9 wicketless overs for 26 runs

CREDYGRECIAN

Defeat against North Devon last Saturday - the last 2 weekends have seen us put out weak sides - playing local cricket seems to be a thing a lot of lads now skip

Either way we batted first and got rolled for 120 which at Sandford is 150 short of a par score given its a Road , I got 15 before a shocker of a LBW decision saw me on my way left arm off spin around the wicket pitching outside of leg....

Bowling wise I faired better with my 9 overs going for 8 runs including 5 maidens - they knocked them off 3 down mind with 12 overs to go....

Hasn’t been a great start this summer

Alistair20000

What do you bowl Creds ? Military medium or are you a miserly off spinner ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Seamers , open the bowling - Swing it away....don’t tend to go for many that often which is nice....

I hold the club record for the most economical spell (club formed in 1949) 9 overs , 8 maidens , 1 run....and that was a wide

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

An absolute stuffing at the hands of Exmouth today who scored 306-7 off there 45 & then bowled us out for 107...one of our lads went for 92 off his 9 overs so my 1-21 off 9 wasn’t too bad.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't play on Saturday as I was mucking about on the river with my mates. Previous week was a bit of a shock - Skip told me he'd need me to bowl...er...! I bowled two overs of absolute filth - it turned out there was an error on our Play Cricket site where an opponent put me (and another non-bowler) down as having bowled in a match abandoned after 9 overs, whereas in fact I haven't bowled in 6 years.

Taken five catches now this season, shame my run scoring is non-existent. Top score of 31 so far.

Alistair20000

Didn't play on Saturday as I was mucking about on the river with my mates. Previous week was a bit of a shock - Skip told me he'd need me to bowl...er...! I bowled two overs of absolute filth - it turned out there was an error on our Play Cricket site where an opponent put me (and another non-bowler) down as having bowled in a match abandoned after 9 overs, whereas in fact I haven't bowled in 6 years.

Taken five catches now this season, shame my run scoring is non-existent. Top score of 31 so far.
What sort of filth do you bowl Jason ? Slow medium dobbers ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What sort of filth do you bowl Jason ? Slow medium dobbers ?
"Off spin". The quotes are intentional.

I was a very decent swing bowler in my youth, Middx trials an' all that. Those days are long gone.

In fairness the oppo skipper was umpiring when I was bowling my filth and suggested all I needed was a couple of nets and I'd be fine. I thanked him for being so gracious.

Alistair20000

More off than spin then :)

I am enjoying a beautiful sunny day at the Ageas with James Vince having crafted an excellent century against an albeit weakened Yaarkshire.