• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Closer to who?

CC

With us being 1 division away from each of our 2 main rivals, the question has to be asked who are we going to finish nearer to in terms of league placings?
Even their most optimistic fans would agree Argyle are probably going to finish in the bottom third, while we need to replace our recently departed with a bit of quality to help us in the relative unknown of Lg1. The Turks will probably be comfortable in Lg 2 where (as we showed) the quality isn't that much greater than the better teams in the Conference.

Therefore, after virtually no thought, I predict that we will finish exactly imbetween the other two:

Ply*outh --- 18 places --> Exeter --- 18 places --> Turkey.

Last edited:

hienzeECFC

I'd say plymouth and Torquay will both be closeing in on us next year, i expect a year of consolidation for us, torquay to challenge for the play-offs, but i doubt go up, and Plymouth to hopefully get relegated, which i reckon is a good bet.

SwansFan

What a woeful team Plymouth are, shocking at Home Park, doubly terrible at the Liberty too. Happy to let you know we beat them twice. [y]

TOP_CITY_FAN

What a woeful team Plymouth are, shocking at Home Park, doubly terrible at the Liberty too. Happy to let you know we beat them twice. [y]
Good.

Always preffered Swansea to Cardiff [y]

SwansFan

Good.

Always preffered Swansea to Cardiff [y]
Glad to hear it, I've always preferred Exeter to Plymouth and Torquay too. [y]

ecfc_adamski

Cardiff of course "Swim away" and you can see Swansea from Devon. So Swans for me.
Doesnt mean they can have Tiz though.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Argiggle; they'll come down rock bottom; as we go up as Champions; so doesn't matter about the Gulls (as always) simples :)

Always preferred Wrexham myself ;)

hienzeECFC

favorite bit about welsh football: The countdown/sky sports soccer saturday bloke who's name illudes me, when Total Network Solutions won the league: "They'll be dancing on the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight"

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
We will be closer to Torquay, I think. While Argyle will definitely struggle and Torquay will have some momentum on their side to take them into mid table, I can't see City pulling up any trees in L1 next season.

Plymuff

Were going up next year[H]