• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

StudentGrecian

Yes, it’s a very good way of getting young raw talented players in which we otherwise couldn’t afford...If we can’t share £1 million with Watford I hope we hang on to him.
I can't see someone paying £1 million for him in the current climate. As brilliant as he has been at times, he is also still a very raw talent, and unfortunately that was evident in the playoffs for everyone to see.

Ash

I can't see someone paying £1 million for him in the current climate. As brilliant as he has been at times, he is also still a very raw talent, and unfortunately that was evident in the playoffs for everyone to see.
If we don't get an offer in that region, he'll stay. No point selling if we only end up with a couple of hundred k

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we don't get an offer in that region, he'll stay. No point selling if we only end up with a couple of hundred k
With the uncertainty we are going into a couple of hundred grand versus nothing next summer could well be very compelling for the board.

Boyo

With the uncertainty we are going into a couple of hundred grand versus nothing next summer could well be very compelling for the board.
Absolutely. Particularly in the current environment, where there are going to be hundreds of players out of contract with the possibility of picking up some very good players for a fraction of what they would have previously been earning. A few hundred grand could go a long way.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't see Williams going for anywhere near £1m, particularly after the Play Offs where he showed how he can play so hot and cold. Doubt whether anyone would offer near £500k at the moment, but then that would be £250k and possibly sell-ons?

Our best bet of extraordinary income still is hoping Brentford fail to win Promotion and some one puts a bid in for Ollie. Plus there will be the appearance monies for Ethan next season and the mega money for Ben Chrisene :LOL:. So we still some extra income sources just not a sugar daddy who can put his hands in his pockets as and when!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think this was probably as much of an emotional response from Taylor to what happened last night as some of the takes on here.

Taylor needs to nail down how he wants us to play and what his philosophy is. If he wants us to be a physical "running" team, like he said when he joined, then he needs to move players on who don't fit that - which unfortunately would be someone like Law. Trying to match them physically last night meant Law wasn't in the game until we brought Collins on and tried to retain possession. Since Taylor joined we've been a "running" team, a "direct" team, a "passing" team and a "physical" team. He's tried to make elements work together with the inverted wing-backs, but that leaves us so exposed on a bigger pitch, something he clearly didn't learn from Port Vale away when our season collapsed. Whilst I admire having some tactical versatility, as others have said, we need to play to our own strengths not try to combat others, and then build a coherent squad around that.
Agree with this entirely. When I think back, the Northampton game does not stand alone... we've had plenty of games where we've tried playing direct, looked useless, then switched to a passing game and all of a sudden looked better.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with this entirely. When I think back, the Northampton game does not stand alone... we've had plenty of games where we've tried playing direct, looked useless, then switched to a passing game and all of a sudden looked better.
Unless youre really set up for playing hoofball, it's completely pointless. If we want to play like that we shouldnt have players like Law, Williams, Jay, Collins, Atangana etc. We should just have a team of massive lads capable of winning every single knock down and one decent striker to convert the chances.

I think it's a bad way to set up though because it doesnt work as well in L1 and it doesnt work at all in the Championship. I would be surprised if Nothampton dont come straight back down.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless youre really set up for playing hoofball, it's completely pointless. If we want to play like that we shouldnt have players like Law, Williams, Jay, Collins, Atangana etc. We should just have a team of massive lads capable of winning every single knock down and one decent striker to convert the chances.

I think it's a bad way to set up though because it doesnt work as well in L1 and it doesnt work at all in the Championship. I would be surprised if Nothampton dont come straight back down.
Particularly as Morton will be back at West Brom by then looking for his next loan move up the ladder

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woody, L Martin, A martin, Holmes, Warren, Dickenson. jared Thompson, richardson all released

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woody, L Martin, A martin, Holmes, Warren, Dickenson. jared Thompson all released
Disappointed that both Martins have been released. Thought Dickenson was worth persevering with on a short term basis but COVID has probably put paid to that.