• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair we didn’t pay for him so it’s still profit. I think we should do more of these kind of deals.

Get good players from Prem/Champ to do well for us, they get noticed and move back up the pyramid, we get paid. It’s better than paying wages and letting people go for free
Yes, it’s a very good way of getting young raw talented players in which we otherwise couldn’t afford...If we can’t share £1 million with Watford I hope we hang on to him.

denzel

Who, in their right mind, is going to take him on?
Mansfield

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Until we know for definite which eight are out of contract (I think you might have released about ten players there 😉) it's difficult to know where the holes in the squad are. Apart from Aaron Martin (from the Athletic article) and Holmes, Warren, Woody, Thompson and Deano, the other two seem a bit up in the air.
I'm looking at Moxey Maxted Martin Martin Woodman Holmes Warren and Fisher going. Not included Thompson and Dickenson who were on short term contracts or of course Richardson who has gone back to Forest

milts

I'm looking at Moxey Maxted Martin Martin Woodman Holmes Warren and Fisher going. Not included Thompson and Dickenson who were on short term contracts or of course Richardson who has gone back to Forest
Surely Maxted wouldn’t have started in the last two games if he was out of contract and being released?

Langer

I hope the club offer some extra support to the released players this year with everything that has happened I’m sure they will.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely Maxted wouldn’t have started in the last two games if he was out of contract and being released?
Moreover, hard to believe Maxted would have moved halfway across the country from League One Accrington to League Two Exeter for a 12-month contract. Would be amazed if he didn't get at least two years.

Dannyred

Aaron Martin Started the last 3 games and has gone by what I read earlier.

grecIAN Harris

Moreover, hard to believe Maxted would have moved halfway across the country from League One Accrington to League Two Exeter for a 12-month contract. Would be amazed if he didn't get at least two years.
The same could be said about Brennan Dickenson. Mutually terminates what you would expect to be a decent contract at MK Don's to come here for six months. Something tells me their might be a twelve month option on the end of it.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We find out on Friday morning who's been released.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We find out on Friday morning who's been released.
Cheers.

I expect there will then be a few weeks of radio silence until we find out what’s happening re next season.