• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

i8cornwall

I hope that Bolton do, the fans didn't deserve that season, It must have been heart breaking. I only used Bolton as an analogy because there is a fragility of "Playing the kids" To play the youngsters is a noble idea but up against seasoned L2 sloggers, It would be dam hard work if City had no option but use more than a couple in each team.
it’s actually probably the closest comparison to what city will have to do next season, the young lads at Bolton ran through brick walls for the club, after all they where all born in the town.

it won’t be easy that’s for sure, personally I feel it would be a step back for city to throw that many young lads in at once, the club should be aiming higher then the play off’s but that is a different argument.

Reactions: DB9

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there anyone else who thinks A Martin is over rated?

Admittedly this was his best season for city. But a bog standard league Two player for me. No better, no worse. I'd be happy to see him leave.
I don’t think many were rating him THAT highly i.e. by predicting he could play much higher up the leagues. I think most were recognising he’d had a good season and was one of the first players on the team sheet.

For me, I think he usually very solid and dependable but had we gone up I think his lack of pace may have been exposed. I agree with you to an extent that if he were to leave we should be able to fill his spot with someone equally as dependable.

NZGrecian

Yeah I’ve just had one

tonykellowfan

Since we seem to be raking over the tisdale issue all over again will people please remember that we gave him notice when we were BOTTOM of the league playing sh1te and in danger of going out of the league.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Since we seem to be raking over the tisdale issue all over again will people please remember that we gave him notice when we were BOTTOM of the league playing sh1te and in danger of going out of the league.
I did prove that TKF, Hopefully the end of it

IndoMike

Notice to terminate his rolling contract.

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
A number 4, in other words, the pivot of the team - 5 players in front of him and five behind. Absolutely crucial.

At the moment Atangana has this shirt, literally and metaphorically. I had high hopes for him and have been hugely impressed with him at times, but he went missing yesterday. As a result the three man midfield that had snuffed out Colchester was a shadow of its previous self .

Build a team from the back. A good back four with Petit/Viera type combo in front gives you a solid platform and four more players to make up a flexible, fluent attack. Atangana/Collins works for me, but only if Nige can explain to Taylor what happened to his mojo and persuade him that he won't lose it again. I'm sorry, but I don't see the point of Jake Taylor other than as cover for these two.

In another part of the forest I don't think Bowman is good enough as a striker. But in one of the Colchester games he completed a briliant defensive move, winning the ball and bringing it out. He is also a good header of the ball and would have dealt with Oliver last night far better than Sweeney Martin or Moxey. It might be worth reinventing him as a centre half
he just had a great mindse
A number 4, in other words, the pivot of the team - 5 players in front of him and five behind. Absolutely crucial.

At the moment Atangana has this shirt, literally and metaphorically. I had high hopes for him and have been hugely impressed with him at times, but he went missing yesterday. As a result the three man midfield that had snuffed out Colchester was a shadow of its previous self .

Build a team from the back. A good back four with Petit/Viera type combo in front gives you a solid platform and four more players to make up a flexible, fluent attack. Atangana/Collins works for me, but only if Nige can explain to Taylor what happened to his mojo and persuade him that he won't lose it again. I'm sorry, but I don't see the point of Jake Taylor other than as cover for these two.

In another part of the forest I don't think Bowman is good enough as a striker. But in one of the Colchester games he completed a briliant defensive move, winning the ball and bringing it out. He is also a good header of the ball and would have dealt with Oliver last night far better than Sweeney Martin or Moxey. It might be worth reinventing him as a centre half
As said a big thing moving forward is player mentality, as the old saying goes "its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" you will always need a balance of ability and but mentality is key, players that will run through brick walls for each other even with minimal chance of success. And this comes back to the point that it is difficult to beat someone that doesn't know they are beat and won't give up. This comes back to the disappointment of yesterday it just felt flat and minimal effort invested. A quality leader/talisman is required that others could feed off or feel their wrath, look at players like Keane, Adams, Viera, players with pride in there performances

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think many were rating him THAT highly i.e. by predicting he could play much higher up the leagues. I think most were recognising he’d had a good season and was one of the first players on the team sheet.

For me, I think he usually very solid and dependable but had we gone up I think his lack of pace may have been exposed. I agree with you to an extent that if he were to leave we should be able to fill his spot with someone equally as dependable.
I think A. Martin has generally been better this season, but still would like to see a lot more from him. Maybe alongside a better CB he would look better....

Assuming we are selling Williams this is where we stand in my view today:

----------------------Maxted/Ward------------------
RB --- Martin/Hartridge? --- Parkes/CB --- Sparkes?/LB
RW ----- Law/CM --- Collins/Atangana? ---- LW
--------------------------Jay---------------------------
---------- Bowman/CF ------ CF/CF -----------------

By my reckoning thats about 10 more people to have a 20 man squad, 5 of which need to be first choice starters. That's a HUGE change from where we stand today and doesnt take into account the people under contract who will never play for us (e.g. Ajose.)

Colesman Ballz

Might be unpopular but I would be giving jmt a call to see what he wants to do,because I don’t think he would have been pushed about last night
I doubt that he wouldn't have been pushed about either, but on the basis that he probably wouldn't have been fit enough to play !

Don't get me wrong, I think JMT was a great player for us, but that was now two seasons ago, and in both he has been dogged by constant injury problems. With a much reduced budget, and smaller squad, we don't have the luxury of another big earner, spending much of his time in the treatment room.

ryancooper327

Anyone know if Jay is contracted for next season?