• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

ChardGrecian

Hopefully those players who are still with us next season will realise how lucky they are and earn their money. There are many many players who are going to be out of work, like lots of supporters with no jobs because of COVID.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Jeez...A bad performance? Yes. Time for root and branch reform across the playing and coaching side?. No!.
It is right to take stock of where we are at the moment, but also take a bit of time over it. This has been a unique season with its enforced break and some players clearly had problems with retaining their sharpness and fitness. I'm sure the finger pointing has already started at the club. Lets see how that plays out before getting too hysterical.

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
I think we could do with getting hold of a few proper ball winners in the mold of James Dunne. He wasn't physically imposing but he could mix it with anyone and play football. I think there needs to be stronger leadership on the pitch, someone that leads from the front and isn't afraid to ruffle feathers or read the riot act when required, do what it says on the tin, lead the team. Moving forward it's the mentality that's going to be the key to progress the club we need to integrate some players that don't accept defeat, are battlers and potentially have a harder or nastier edge than currently, we are too nice as a team. We need to make City a team that can play good football but also mix it and dig out results they shouldn't get, a team that others teams don't want to play against, a team that has a desire to win, work hard and has pride in the shirt that will stand up and be counted. Its that mentality and ability mix that needs to be addressed
City aren't a bad team and things take time to change give Taylor time to implement his changes and see what happens, it's a shame they didn't perform tonight but that is sport but those are a couple of things that i think would benefit in the long term.

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some physicality yes, but I wouldn't like to see a team of cloggers.
From Matt's interview whilst he said he was trying to improve the physicality of the side, I took it when he said about getting "men" in, it was more about mentality when the going got tough rather than out and out muscle. That was what was more frustrating tonight and has been a bit of a theme at times this season. When things start going against us, we haven't always responded well. We have one of the best clean sheet records in the league, but when we concede one, we often then concede two and three.

Archie was an example tonight that when he came on and even went to ten men, he didn't hide, he still wanted to get on the ball and use it properly. Others went missing as did their passing. That is the "men" I think Matt wants. The ability to keep on doing the right thing and play to our own strengths in adversity.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm probably feeling a bit emotional about our performance after seeing that display, but I genuinely think there are some people who are getting too comfortable with their places in the squad.

The lack of passion, effort and quality today was incredibly disappointing. Zero shots on target all game.

I think a wholesale clear out might be in order. Struggling to think of many in the starting line up I desperately want us to keep at the moment. As poor as Bowman was for his single opportunity on goal at least he showed some desire to win.

Massively disappointed with Taylor, Sweeney, Richardson, Martin and Atangana. The less said about Moxeys mental malfunction the better. The defence generally was shocking.

Time for a clear out.
It's difficult to defend when there's no goal threat, you keep hoofing the ball up the pitch and it keeps coming back straightaway.

Poor tactics and our lack of forward options killed us.

Dannyred

Gone tomorrow.

Bowman
Fisher
Sweeney
A martin
L martin
Sweeney
Parkes
Dickinson
Atangana
Warren
Ajose

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gone tomorrow.

Bowman
Fisher
Sweeney
A martin
L martin
Sweeney
Parkes
Dickinson
Atangana
Warren
Ajose
About half of them will be under contract so have another go.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
For once I agree with Danny, at least as a wish list.
Although I’d consider keeping Parked and L.Martin.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gone tomorrow.

Bowman
Fisher
Sweeney
A martin
L martin
Sweeney
Parkes
Dickinson
Atangana
Warren
Ajose
Sweeney gone twice, although I have to admit if there were two of him I'd release them both

Jam Doughnut

A lot of our players look unfit and out of shape, we need younger faster players with a bit of energy
Sweeney and Taylor were beyond bad today ,just seemed to give the ball away every time.
Players we need to replace in that starting line up are Sweeney , Taylor , Moxey , Fisher , and maybe even Bowman who has had 3 poor games in the play off games