• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

dommers

Really happy with Matt’s post game interview. Pulled no punches at all.
Are from the fact that he admitted picking a side to stop their physical approach which we were never likely to be able to do. Possibly the worst performance I can remember seeing.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
You’ve been listening to Jobi McAnuff too much mate. We were playing a tough side, we just played badly.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
My out list:
L.Martin
Moxey
J.Taylor
Ajose
Dickenson
Warren
Fisher

Not sure list:
Sweeney
Bowman
Seymour
I would agree with most of the outs, but Fisher actually had a good game first half tonight.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt that single game will have a large effect on the squad. The players out of contract would mostly have been released bar one or two due to budget and freeing up money for whatever targets Matt has. Those under contract will still mostly be here next season. Williams might go if we get a half decent offer and there might be interest in Archie but it would have to be a very good offer.

Ripping a squad apart that were competing for automatic promotion all season because we screwed up tonight won't happen. It will be evolution not revolution.
LIke FBH says MT is not happy.

Goodbye Moxey Fisher (was he on the pitch) Richardson (end of loan) and possibly A Martin, as well as the usual suspects, if only Sweeney and Taylor were up as well they were sh1te. No qualms here. That was just embarrassing, and if Bowmans contract was up he would be going as well (sorry FBH). If we HAD PLAYED THE U23'S WE WOULD HAVE HAD A BETTER RESULT.
Best thing about tonight is that I don't have a 170 mile trip home or 4 hours to reflect on how sh1te we were

supernova

Sweeney for me has always been complete and utter garbage. Get rid

Legohead

Banned
I’ve not seen it but far to much talk at the club. All well and good talking to talk but we clearly can’t walk the walk.

club needs rank and file change at the top as well as on the pitch.
No point in Taylor saying anything. It's too late. Everyone saw with their own eyes how Taylor mismanaged tonight and how the players treated their jobs. Talking now is pointless. Season over.

Mr Cow Shed

Until tonight I was a bit worried at the thought of losing so many of our top players that are out of contract or who we would find it hard to keep if we didn't get promoted, but after seeing them buckle under pressure like that, not so much.

I think it says a lot about our current squad that the team picked to curb Northampton's physical approach was one that included Moxey at CB. None of those players in the backline won a header all game as far as I can remember. They're good with their feet but they haven't really faced a test like that all season, squeezed through a lot of 1-0s just by staying compact and suffocating the other teams but apparently none of them can jump!

To be fair a lot of our recent clearouts have had pretty positive results so maybe it's time for that again. Brought in a lot of players over the past few years just going past their prime and it looks like the physical ability is falling away. Time to get some energy into the squad for next season, whenever that will be. Maybe a few youth players since the budget is going to be significantly hampered for a little while, as I expect most teams in the division will experience as well.

Dannyred

Whoever we think should leave or stay Matt Taylor has already decided who is leaving, Did that have an effect on some players tonight ?

simcity

I would agree with most of the outs, but Fisher actually had a good game first half tonight.
What? Was I watching the same game as you? Think he only touched the ball 3 or 4 times.
Strolled around like most of the others.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you're right, but we're just hugely frustrated with tonight. We do have a good team, but it's not consistently good enough.
Of course everyone is not happy with what happened (or didn't) tonight. This season has been a bit more consistent than last. The aim now is to be a bit more consistent again next season. There will be changes. Some will be going, a few (not many I feel) will come in, a few youngsters will be more involved.

I think Matt will be shocked by what happened tonight. But I doubt it will cause a massive change in his thinking on players. The ones coming in will already be on our radar. The ones being released will be as much down to finances and Matt's thoughts already held. Whether people like it or not, contracts won't be ripped up.

It is going to be an uncertain time coming up for all football clubs. Matt and the club have to make sure we are in the best possible position to take on the new season and look to improve again.