• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City vs Grimsby MDT 28/09/19

tonykellowfan

Reid hat trick for Torquay.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Attendance - 4973 Inc away - 261
Good attendance. C'mon City. Send the punters home happy.

Red faced

bring back stockley on loan from preston ffs hes wasted up there
I really think that Bowman is a poor replacement for him as our main striker. I know he works hard and gets the odd goal but there is a huge gap between them

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
we haven't looked at our best ion this game, but we do have options on the bench. Taylor has been known to make half time changes in situations like this

IndoMike

I really think that Bowman is a poor replacement for him as our main striker. I know he works hard and gets the odd goal but there is a huge gap between them
I suggested giving Fisher a few games but virtually nobody agreed. Bowman works very hard but is not a natural goalscorer by any means. I know he can make space, be a nuisance etc but if he's getting chances to score he has to take some. Give Fisher a chance

scottus86

Taylor needs to work some magic at halftime because we've looked second best all over the pitch. We've had our chances though and it's not dead and buried just yet. A good goal from Grimsby but with better marking, could have been prevented. I think our forward players have let us down so far though, they've had the chances but they haven't taken them.

I want to see more energy and urgency in the second half, with a bit more bite and physicality.

grecIAN Harris

We've gone to sleep since the goal. Law has little influence, Williams even less. Lee Martin is still playing too far away from Bowman. Bowman needs to attack the ball into the box from a more central position instead of in front of the near post, it's far easier to score when you can see the goal.

crocks

I think that Bowman has been poor for a while now....

Fisher and Seymour need to be given a chance to see if they can form a partnership....

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The goal seemed to knock our confidence for 10 or 15 minutes but we finished the half much better. Despite not being at our most fluent we've still created quite a few half chances and limited Grimsby to the one chance from a poorly marked corner.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Randell now on the left. Richardson for Sparkes