• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Sheff Wed build up

grecianstew

Not sure they are allowed to use the weather at their end as an excuse for not travelling, are they?
Not unless there were verifiable road closures and police travel warnings that would make their journey impossible.

Fareham Grecian

Not unless there were verifiable road closures and police travel warnings that would make their journey impossible.
There isn’t even any weather up there - not now or forecast

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Favourable forecast up that way for the rest of the week, maybe some light snow showers on Friday.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clubs received an email from the FA last week warning that matches must go ahead in the competition if both teams have 14 fit registered players available and they would not necessarily have to be from the first-team squad.

If a club says they are unable to fulfil a fixture this weekend due to positive Covid-19 tests, the Professional Game Board will decide on the outcome but is likely to award the tie to their opponents.
That's good they're issuing clear guidelines and Wednesday will have to play the game. On the other hand it's a pig that we could progress to the next round for one of the rare times with no fans to watch.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dare to Believe!

(That the game will be on).

CWH-NYC_

So an outside chance we could make the final without playing a game if I understand everything correctly (that in itself is unlikely)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
So an outside chance we could make the final without playing a game if I understand everything correctly (that in itself is unlikely)
Oh No - not two trips to Wembley for our Cut-Outs this season !
UTC

budegrecian

We have a sleeve sponsor for the match: MidexPRO, who previously sponsored the EFL U16 Floodlit cup.

Edna Clouds

BBC sport are reporting that Derby are playing their kids. I wonder if Wednesday will end up doing the same?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC sport are reporting that Derby are playing their kids. I wonder if Wednesday will end up doing the same?
I really hope so and we tonk them with a team mainly of our kids.

We then get a bye in the 4th and 5th round due to the opposition not being able to fulfil the fixtures, scrape through the quarters and somehow find ourselves in the FA Cup semi final against another L2 side whos had a similar fate....