• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Port Vale prediction/discussion thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
2-0 City. I'd be interested to see what Taylor does down the wings. Does he stick with last Saturday or does he bring Law or Sparkes in and put Randall on the right instead of Taylor?

STURTZ

Interesting thing for me will be can Matt Taylor play both Jay and Law from the start?

grecIAN Harris

Interesting thing for me will be can Matt Taylor play both Jay and Law from the start?
Only if Law plays from the left otherwise no. And I don't think he can leave Jay out either.

IndoMike

I hope if we are losing after 60 minutes or if he sees Vale are getting on top Matt will make changes and not wait until the last 10.

chunkymorrinmunter

I don't agree with changing the starting eleven unless we get into trouble through score, cards, tiredness or injury. A player needs to know that if he plays well in one game he shouldn't be dropped for the next : it's important for motivation.
Dean, Key and Randall all played well, so don't drop them. So I would only bring on Parkes, Law, Sparkes (or Williams) if the situation demanded it. It would be very disappointing if Randall was dropped for Williams, Jay for Law, Dean for Parkes,or even Key for Caprice. Let the latter fight their way into the team, not stroll in
The only other thing is if Law comes in for Taylor, but they're not exactly the same player.
Caprice out for a while ,i suspect.

Ash

What has he done exactly? How long is a while?

IndoMike

Hasn't played at all yet, has he?
With Key doing well somehow it doesn't seem to.be a big issue at the moment.
Hope he's ok.

Rosencrantz

What has he done exactly? How long is a while?
In an interview before the Salford game Matt said Caprice (and Hartridge) were not too far away from resuming training. See if he is asked during this week's press call for any updates I guess.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hasn't played at all yet, has he?
1st half at Bristol Rovers

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member