• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Port Vale prediction/discussion thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hard to call this one with another tricky game on paper. Vale started this season like they finished last season.

2-1 victory. Jay double.

Attendance: 7 - with no-one quite sure who the 7 are, or how they got there.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think too many from tonight’s game did enough to give Matt much of a selection headache. Law may get a start, but I hope we go with the same lineup as we had for Salford.

Vale are a good team and I think they will be up there this season. Cullen and Robinson up front are a threat, not to mention Pope so we will need to improve defensively.

I will be optimistic and say a 3-1 win: Randall, Bowman and Jay with the goals. Pope for Vale.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another score draw. 3-3.

Ash

2-1 win. I think that's what I went for on the points prediction thread. Jay and Bowman.

Avening Posse

I'm feeling a bit more optimistic than when I did the monthly prediction so going to say 3-1 win.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think too many from tonight’s game did enough to give Matt much of a selection headache. Law may get a start, but I hope we go with the same lineup as we had for Salford.
I would definitely be tempted to start with the same team but if they are fully fit it's hard to keep Jack Sparkes and Nicky Law on the bench. Jack seems to be setting up a goal a game with his crossing at the moment and we all know what Nicky brings to the team when he's on his game. No idea how to fit them in, though or who to leave out.

IndoMike

I would definitely be tempted to start with the same team but if they are fully fit it's hard to keep Jack Sparkes and Nicky Law on the bench. Jack seems to be setting up a goal a game with his crossing at the moment and we all know what Nicky brings to the team when he's on his game. No idea how to fit them in, though or who to leave out.
I don't agree with changing the starting eleven unless we get into trouble through score, cards, tiredness or injury. A player needs to know that if he plays well in one game he shouldn't be dropped for the next : it's important for motivation.
Dean, Key and Randall all played well, so don't drop them. So I would only bring on Parkes, Law, Sparkes (or Williams) if the situation demanded it. It would be very disappointing if Randall was dropped for Williams, Jay for Law, Dean for Parkes,or even Key for Caprice. Let the latter fight their way into the team, not stroll in
The only other thing is if Law comes in for Taylor, but they're not exactly the same player.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
2-1 City win. Bowman with both and Pope, of course, for them.

Grecianpasty

Having conceded twice on Saturday I would look at putting Parkes in for Dean. Other than that possibly Law in for atangana and move jake back into centre mid. My only issue with this being that it quickly makes our midfield light weight.

LOG

My one comment on the starting line up is that it isn't necessary to have Nige, Collins and Taylor on the pitch at the same time.