• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Port Vale Build- Up & Predictions

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here we go .🙄🙄
I was just stating a fact that if we lost those players it would be a problem for us. A fairly obvious problem.
Or do you think it would not be a problem if we lost one or more of Dieng, Brown and Nombe?
Of course it would be a huge problem, if all of those went missing for long periods we would do well to stay up in this division.

Your point was that we should be recruiting players that can fill these gaps if they are left. We don't have the finances or the pulling power to get players in that are happy to wait in the wings to replace these players, pretty much every club in the EFL are in the same boat. If those players get injured we are stuffed but even if we get 10 players in on loan none of them will be up to standard to replace those players so we are equally stuffed but with a bigger wage bill.

JW57++

The two Port Vale games had just one goal last season. I have a sneaking feeling it might be our time to score on Saturday. 1-0 to the City.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not essential but I think it’s important we win tomorrow otherwise momentum from last season could quickly drain away the longer we go without winning!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
2-1 City with a winner in the last ten minutes in front of 6763

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There are currently 630 remaining and around 300 seats.
Should be a good atmosphere tomorrow.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm still not sure that we'll break 7,000. But a decent crowd nonetheless.

Boyo

I expect there will be a couple of hundred walk-ups tomorrow, so whether we pass 7k depends on how many Vale bring. 6,500 home fans is amazing however!

It's also interesting that the seats haven't sold out. In recent years the seats have always disappeared way before the BB. Maybe a hint that people are bulking at the £27 seat price?

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Isnt the maths as simple as
Capacity - 725 + number of tickets bought on the day = attendance

tom_ecfc

Our home games will be crucial to staying in this league. We need to be looking to take 3 points from teams which will probability be around us come the end of the season. 3-2 Nombe x2, Coley x1, full house!