• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Port Vale Build- Up & Predictions

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times that Matt Taylor has picked Jake ahead of Josh and can’t see that changing now. And while Josh may not have been at his barn-storming best against Lincoln he was still very solid defensively and had a big part to play in the build-up to our goal.
Yes, Love Josh Key. But against a slowish full back Caprice will have the beating of him. Caprice has set up goals, too.
Of course, with so many subs allowed, it doesn't matter so much who starts : things can quickly be changed.

STURTZ

In our last meeting v P V Caprice played left back ahead of Sparkes. He had a poor game. In the away game Caprice played LWB and did well. Think Vale may have sussed that he's very one footed.

Christian

I'm going 2-1 to PV.

Banksy

I'm going 2-1 to PV.
With Exeweb in meltdown after? 😃😃

Red Devon

Injuries permitting most of the team picks itself, with the exception of the third midfield spot. Kite, Jay and Coley all offer different strengths and it will be interesting to see if Matt Taylor changes his selection depending on the opposition or if one of them can nail down a regular place in the team.
ie Coley he’s very close to becoming the real deal and needs a continuous run of games to help him become that player, Last season was so stop start for him which disrupted his progress no end, if he’s only going to play in certain situations he’ll struggle to properly make the breakthrough.

andrew p long

ie Coley he’s very close to becoming the real deal and needs a continuous run of games to help him become that player, Last season was so stop start for him which disrupted his progress no end, if he’s only going to play in certain situations he’ll struggle to properly make the breakthrough.
He'll get plenty of opportunities this season in a wafer thin squad. He's like a new signing after only four league starts last season. The big question is what will turn out to be his best position for City.

Pete Martin (CTID)

In our last meeting v P V Caprice played left back ahead of Sparkes. He had a poor game. In the away game Caprice played LWB and did well. Think Vale may have sussed that he's very one footed.
I find Caprice very frustrating. He is pacey and has so much natural ability, yet seems to hang on to the ball for too long, tries to take players on and often gets robbed.

Sparkes generally puts the crosses in more quickly and, for me, more effectively, but doesn't have Caprice's pace.

Boyo

I find Caprice very frustrating. He is pacey and has so much natural ability, yet seems to hang on to the ball for too long, tries to take players on and often gets robbed.

Sparkes generally puts the crosses in more quickly and, for me, more effectively, but doesn't have Caprice's pace.
Caprice is better on the left, despite having no left foot. He has pace and gets himself in some useful positions, but his crossing with both feet is poor and often flatters to deceive. He's good cover for both the right and left, but I'd be worried if he was starting regularly.
Taht said, maybe this season at a higher level we'll be focussing more on the defensive side of our wingbacks' games.

Cowshed Grecian

Caprice is class at this level by the way, he was sh*te in his first season with us but he's a key attacking player now, put the ball in front of him and the boy can travel.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know this is the Port Vale thread, but, in general, I can see Caprice getting the nod in a lot of games as he’s decent one on one defensively. I can see Sparkes getting roasted by some quicker and more clever attacking wide players, where as Jake seems to be more solid one on one.