• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Port Vale Build- Up & Predictions

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
This would give us an attendance of just under 7000 I believe.

Pretty amazing considering the opposition

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll be entertained by a 2-0 win, goals from Jevani and Jay.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty amazing considering the opposition
Yes but nobody is coming to see the opposition they/we/I am going to watch last season's conquering heroes return to SJP. I have consistently said I think we will get a crowd of around 7,000 and there will be walk ups on the day. Therefore, Vale to be put to the sword 2-0 with goals from Jevani and Dieng in front of an enthralled 7,103 at SJP

Oldsmobile-88

This would give us an attendance of just under 7000 I believe.

If the away end & away seated block are sold out(around 1,300)
Around 650 away tickets sold so far.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the away end & away seated block are sold out(around 1,300)
Around 650 away tickets sold so far.
Based on current sales you mean Olds? But of course there will be a plethora of people wishing to pay on the day of course :)

Oldsmobile-88

Based on current sales you mean Olds? But of course there will be a plethora of people wishing to pay on the day of course :)
Yes, current sales.

It’s unlikely that PV will bring the numbers that they did for the final game of last season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bizarrely it will also mean a total attendance attendance of over 15,000 for two consecutive games at SJP.

Against Port Vale.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same team as at Lincoln except Blackman for Scott Brown
Injuries permitting most of the team picks itself, with the exception of the third midfield spot. Kite, Jay and Coley all offer different strengths and it will be interesting to see if Matt Taylor changes his selection depending on the opposition or if one of them can nail down a regular place in the team.

IndoMike

ii think Coley is more suited to away games, where we are more likely to rely on swift counter-attacks. For home games, I'd start with Jay to sniff out chances in and around the area. Caprice deserves a run-out, too. Could even be Caprice RWB and Sparkes LWB, with Key dropping to the bench. Then there's the new bloke "Kegs" : reckon he'll get some minutes later on.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
ii think Coley is more suited to away games, where we are more likely to rely on swift counter-attacks. For home games, I'd start with Jay to sniff out chances in and around the area. Caprice deserves a run-out, too. Could even be Caprice RWB and Sparkes LWB, with Key dropping to the bench. Then there's the new bloke "Kegs" : reckon he'll get some minutes later on.
You can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times that Matt Taylor has picked Jake ahead of Josh and can’t see that changing now. And while Josh may not have been at his barn-storming best against Lincoln he was still very solid defensively and had a big part to play in the build-up to our goal.