• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Port Vale Build- Up & Predictions

Memphis09

and how many with tickets (especially season tickets) don't turn up.
Think you will find season tickets are automatically added in as they have been paid for

BigBankAl

Cagey affair. 0-0

DPR1901

Think you will find season tickets are automatically added in as they have been paid for
As have match tickets.

Is the published attendance figure the number that actually attend (which seems logical) or does it also include ticket holders that, for whatever reason, don't attend?

DawlishBouy

As have match tickets.

Is the published attendance figure the number that actually attend (which seems logical) or does it also include ticket holders that, for whatever reason, don't attend?
The club confirmed last season that all ticket holders are counted as being in attendance even if they're dead.

Andy_H

Surely there are therefore two figures of attendance, 1. the legal number of actual people within the ground from a H&S point and, 2. the number of ticket sold, regardless of attendance or not.

Martin Weiler

It’s a great point and one there ought to be a lot more transparency and clarity about. Are there rules around this or is just individual club custom and practice? I remember years ago Baseball would give two figures - those actually in the stadium and the number of tickets (including season tickets) sold. Most of us are probably most interested in the number actually in the stadium.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Talking of attendance figures - what actually is the capacity of SJP , as I have seen two different figures quoted. (And just for the record these 2 figures are both for St James Park Exeter , not Newcastle!!!)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The club confirmed last season that all ticket holders are counted as being in attendance even if they're dead.
Charming..

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Vale fan in peace. As others have said I think it's going to be a tight game and very different to our end of season game last year.

We started well on Saturday, albeit against a team that isn't expected to pull up trees. Both teams need to try and keep the momentum from last season really.

Thought Exeter looked like the best team we played at Vale Park last season, and it seems you've kept with continuity and have struggled to bring in players, as have we. We only had 3 new players playing on Saturday, 1 was a 17 year old forward promoted from our youth team, and another was on loan to us up until Christmas.

We've brought in a couple of others that came off the bench but we won't be that much different to when you played us a few weeks ago. Unfortunately Wilson is out injured until probably next week and he can be our game changer.

We won't beat you by playing better technical football as I think you have the better technical players but our workrate and running power is up there as some of the best in the division. I think we use a similar system to you with wing backs and two ball playing centre halves either side of a stopper.

To be honest, a defeat wouldn't be a disaster but we have some tough fixtures coming up, so we could do with getting points on the board. I'd snap your hand off for a draw. Exeter has always been a tough place to go but hopefully with 7 or 800 fans behind us we can get something.
Was going to pick up on this when it was posted but didn't. "Our workrate and running power is up there as some of the best in the division" sorry but that's a massively sweeping statement after one game and certainly wasn't in evidence yesterday.