• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Crewe build up

OmanGrecian

Thanks for that OG.... might stick with commentary then and spend the £10 on beer. 😷
You never know, you might get different coverage to what I get here. After all, a member on here from the US of A often seems to get a different version of the match to us ;)

CWH-NYC_

I had to switch the commentary off on Saturday as the whole thing was getting too much to take, easier for me just to watch and vent! No doubt it will be more of the same tomorrow. Ball either sticks in mud or pass way over hit as playing with the wind etc etc. Be prepared to suffer even if we win.

TSW1389

I'm hoping for a better atmosphere than Saturday, which despite the good crowd was woeful. We only got behind the team after we'd scored. Not sure if the RL disbanding has anything to do with it, I'm hoping it was just one of those flat atmosphere games that happen from time to time.
Atmosphere was quite good I thought at kick off then died with the performance on the Field.

Was the classic needed something to cheer about a little

I had to switch the commentary off on Saturday as the whole thing was getting too much to take, easier for me just to watch and vent! No doubt it will be more of the same tomorrow. Ball either sticks in mud or pass way over hit as playing with the wind etc etc. Be prepared to suffer even if we win.
I don't mind the suffering if we win......it'll be worth it.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I might treat myself to the iplayer coverage. Surely it's less stressful than listening??
Depends on the commentators and the type of game it is. If the commentator is unnecessarily pessimistic, watching is much better than listening from a stress point of view. Just from the point of view of knowing who is on the ball at all times, it's infinitely preferable.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just from the point of view of knowing who is on the ball at all times, it's infinitely preferable.
It's shocking how often they get the player wrong.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's shocking how often they get the player wrong.

Exactly.....a few weeks ago it was an away game at Macclesfield. We had a free kick just outside of the penalty area. There were three players standing over the ball and both the commentator and summariser repeatedly insisted that Pierce Sweeney was one of the three even saying in the commentary that he was the one who eventually took the kick. All this while he could clearly be seen standing alone on the edge of the area but on the opposite side of the pitch.

Another instance which was totally unforgivable was when, I believe it was a home game but cannot remember who we were playing against, second half and defending the Away End, Aaron Martin made a brilliantly timed tackle to save a certain goal after an attempted pass back by Sweeney had gone directly to the opposing team’s forward whom, without Aaron’s intervention would just have been able to pass the ball into the empty net and the commentator credited the tackle to Tom Parkes.

Worse still not only did he or his fellow summariser fail to correct themselves but as it was such a game changing moment, they referred to it on a number of occasions still giving the credit to Parkes.