• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Crewe build up

OmanGrecian

Huge game. City can be anywhere from 1st to 5th by full time on Tuesday.

A vast improvement from the past 2 games is needed and I reckon we will see this. Bowman will convert his chances and Richardson should start.

The pitch will still be heavy underfoot, but hopefully we don’t see too much hoof ball.

2-1 win in front of a crowd of 4088

I’ll be following closely on IFollow.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Biggest game of season so far. A win puts out a real statement. Hopefully Ajose will be dropped as he doesn't deserve the shirt after Saturdays performance. I'd sooner see a striker from the under 16s play than him.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got a bad feeling about this one, but feel bad about having that bad feeling. Head says 0-2 but heart tells head to shut the £uck up and says 2-1.

2-1 it is.

GJW

2-1 to City on what looks to be a very cold night. Must remember to wear gloves. Crowd 8583, including 4000 Brownies. Let’s hope they haven’t had any sugary sweets and start kicking off.

Seriously, big game. City fans need to be there to fill the seats not Scouts, Brownies, Free masons, Dungeons & Dragons clubs or traffic wardens.

Get down the bloody park!!! Now!! And wear extra pants and socks!! I mean it about the cold.

Oldsmobile-88

The pitch not being in great nick could be a help to the Grecians on Tuesday.Crewe are a passing side from the keeper,the pitch is not going to be very conducive to that style of play.

grecIAN Harris

Matt Taylor made an interesting point in his post match interview, 'Two teams who like to play football on a testing pitch'. It's definately going to be case of he who adapts quickest.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The middle third of the pitch appears to be in the worst condition, the wings and corner areas not so bad. It definitely affected our game on Saturday. The ball bobbled, players couldn't turn quickly, studs getting stuck in mud.

IndoMike

Matt Taylor made an interesting point in his post match interview, 'Two teams who like to play football on a testing pitch'. It's definately going to be case of he who adapts quickest.
Considering it's our pitch and we played on it yesterday you'd hope we'd adapt best.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
... the wings and corner areas not so bad.
Not sure about that. I remember two occasions when Dickenson attempted to cross the ball early in the first half yesterday and he duffed both because the area he was crossing from was basically a puddle. Huge sprays of muddy water came up.

Blacky

Massive game now......

I wonder if a change of shape might be considered to start with how we finished on Saturday?!