• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City - Game for a Laugh Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll raise you Pete 😉

Excellent! Not a lot between the two sketches, modern day comedians aren't in the same league IMHO. :D

Rosencrantz

Excellent! Not a lot between the two sketches, modern day comedians aren't in the same league IMHO. :D
Everyone has got their era whether with comedy, music, TV etc...but I try not to get stuck into that mentality. Plenty of good stuff out there now. The difference is finding it as there are so many different platforms.

Back in the good old days there was an almost captive audience because of the limited TV/Radio channels and that. That does have a certain amount quality control implied, although the power was on the hands of a relatively small amount of people commissioning the programmes, playlists. Now you might have to specifically look stuff out over multiple TV, Radio, Internet platforms which can be very hit and (more) miss.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
RD seen this before but very clever and absolutely hilarious.

Red Devon

PeteUSA

Remembering Tim Brooke Taylor, formerly of The Goodies, who's just sadly passed away. I wasnt particularly a fan, but one hell of a lot of people were.

Here's their appearance on TOTP from 1975, with their big UK hit.