• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City foundation meeting

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a quick reminder that the meeting to discuss the future (if there is a future) of this scheme is tonight at 18.30 in the Flybe suite.

I hope that all members can attend.

Thank you.

pct333

Just a quick summary of the meeting for anyone interested:

The City Foundation was set up with the aim of attracting 2000 members, but as of November 2011 it only had 260 members who each pay £120/year to be in with a chance of winning £100/week or the monthly £1000 prize. Those that joined before January 2010 ( 210 members ) also had their season ticket prices locked, supposedly for life.

Denis Lee has expressed his concern at the losses the scheme has been making recently that amounted to about £1000 last year and almost £2300 this. Julian Tagg, the current CEO, stated that the club was entitled to close the scheme down, but called this meeting ( to which about 40 members attended ) to discuss the options.

Due to letters being sent out to next seasons prospective season ticket holders at the end of January 2012, it was decided at the meeting, after thorough discussions, to contact the membership with these ( or similar ) options:

1/ Close the scheme down.
2/ Close the scheme down and develop a new, properly drawn up scheme ( possibly giving existing members a 10% annual discount on their season tickets. )
3/ Abstain from voting/let the club decide what to do.

Personally I think the scheme will be completely closed as there will be no viable alternative.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Aside from the ST discount/price freeze why on earth would you really join this scheme? It is hardly the most inspiring draw.

Fareham Grecian

Aside from the ST discount/price freeze why on earth would you really join this scheme? It is hardly the most inspiring draw.
Good odds though if it's paid out £2300 more than it's taken in subs!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
260? 260? How come I haven't won anything if that's all there is!! I'm owed a grand, and I want it now

Then I can go Chesterfield

Last edited:

Mark Cordell

260? 260? How come I haven't won anything if that's all there is!! I'm owed a grand, and I want it now

Then I can go Chesterfield
"like"
I will take the £100 so I can go to chesterfield also!

Oli

260 people @ £10 a month = £2,600. Pays out £1,000 + £433 a month in prizes? How is it making a loss?

Have I missed something very obvious?

Parklife

260 people @ £10 a month = £2,600. Pays out £1,000 + £433 a month in prizes? How is it making a loss?

Have I missed something very obvious?
Yep, the discounts given to those members who have season tickets.

Oli

Yep, the discounts given to those members who have season tickets.
How is that a loss?

Parklife

How is that a loss?
People getting bigger discounts on their ST than they are paying in.