• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City featured in the Mail on Sunday

Early Bath

Wasn't sure where to post this, but a very long article with many pictures. If the anti Daily Mail brigade can hold their distaste for a bit, I think you will find this article interesting.

Exeter City

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cheers for the link Early Bath.

Good publicity but the usual cliched rubbish. The recruitment of Clinton by Matt Oakley is proper amateur hour stuff.

IndoMike

Wasn't sure where to post this, but a very long article with many pictures. If the anti Daily Mail brigade can hold their distaste for a bit, I think you will find this article interesting.

Exeter City
It is interesting, Early. Interesting to see how the whole background team were involved with the tactics for the Dagenham match and interesting that Tis said the players were already confused. Just goes to show that for all the talk and tactics we still los and played badly against one of the bottom teams. Would be nice if Tis could just tell them to go out, play and enjoy themselves. Oh, and Oakley was responsible for bringing Morrison to City.

Coppers

Exeter City
Interesting comments at the bottom of the article about our season ticket pricing!

Fareham Grecian

And, for those of us who can read without moving our lips, there is this in the Observer today http://gu.com/p/4ffxc?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
So he turned down Swansea twice!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
That's no great secret. Since our relegation I would be interested to know if any club has seriously wanted to employ him, and if he turned it down the reasons why.

I can't think of another club who would have employed him or anyone else during a spell covering the last four and a half seasons.

Alistair20000

So, we are told The Cheese does everything. It might not be true as journalists are not to be trusted implicitly. If it is true then he is a micro manager and that usually means the bigger picture gets lost sight of.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The promotions are so long ago that not even this cliched article mentions them.

It's also much as I feared: the OAPs are here because they are Tisdale's mates, and help him run the show.

Confusion? Hardly surprising.

hatch4england

I believe absolutely nothing I read in any newspaper, on the simple basis that every time I have been bang in the know about somethign in the national press, what has been printed bore little or no relation to the facts and most of the time, when offered the opportunity to have comment from the horse's mouth as it were, the journos are too lazy to bother...especially if the truth is less interesting than whatever spin they want to put on something. I have even been 'quoted' in the Observer (and indirectly in the Mail) and it was entirely made up by the journo concerned, with whom I never spoke. Complaints to the editors yield no response at all.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And, for those of us who can read without moving our lips, there is this in the Observer today http://gu.com/p/4ffxc?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
So he turned down Swansea twice!
Painful to read. Utter cliched bull.