• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City and Chiefs same owner.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I agree..The point is that any mode of ownership is up for discussion/criticism and one of the weaknesses of the Trust in my opinion, has been its paranoia when presented with 'mostly' harmless questioning.
I think this thread is a prime example of what I'm saying. Rather than look at alternative ownership models, none are forthcoming instead people have found yet another thread to have a go at the Trust. I would suggest that this is not what this thread is supposed to be about, that actually repeating the same stuff on so many different threads is actually qute boring. The lack of ability of so many to actively debate this matter, as an example, is quite disappointing.

Anyway, congratulations on the Trust getting to 20 years. After the departure of R&L we have had some great times, not an awful lot of success but as much stability as we've had in over 110 years of our history.

Fareham Grecian

I agree..The point is that any mode of ownership is up for discussion/criticism and one of the weaknesses of the Trust in my opinion, has been its paranoia when presented with 'mostly' harmless questioning.
You should do stand up

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
You should do stand up
Is there a comma missing, or is it just me that doesn't understand it?

Reactions: DB9

Grecian2K

I suggest that the omission is more likely to have been a hyphen?

DB9

I think the Trust should be proud of reaching 20 years as an entity and the 17 years of running the club, SJP is unrecognisable, We have great training facilities at the C&F, A team that is use to being at the right end of the table for a change and a volunteer base second to none. But if there are things that they can improve on they should not be immune from being told, If you stand still you end up going backwards. This season has been the weirdest most if not all have ever seen and the result of it is financial uncertainty for the club, I hope that those in charge are getting together to explore all avenues of income, With the Academy we can't rely on producing gems to help pay the bills on a regular basis or wait for a sell on clause that might never happen. This is an awful time for a lower league club and i hope the Trust if it ever finds its self in real probems they will let the membership know and not keep it to themselves until it gets critical. I'm not over egging this, We are not immune from the effects of this dam virus and forward, sensible planning is a must.

fred binneys head

Not sure if this is a whoosh or not, but you could add the word ‘comedy’ at the end.

malcolms

Not sure if this is a whoosh or not, but you could add the word ‘comedy’ at the end.
Ah...got it... Fareham's suggesting that I might be ready to do a turn at the Comedy Club.... :)

Grecian2K

Ah...got it... Fareham's suggesting that I might be ready to do a turn at the Comedy Club.... :)
Thought that the Argiggle were cutting jobs. Not recruiting. :p

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Colesman Ballz

Farnham had me puzzled too Malcs, I was pondering that he was advising that he was a Big Banker by misquoting from their favourite chant ! 😎

Dannyred

David. As someone who might fall within your list of 2014 'incompetents' I feel the need to at least offer some alternative perspective. At that time, the club had a truly hand-to-mouth existence, operating under the clear mandate of all decisions needing to be taken 'at no risk to the Club'. Budgeting was carried out in a fairly rudimentary but prudent manner. But quite simply, cashflow was unable to cope with ill-timed postponements and lower than expected advance season ticket sales. No commercial bridging debt was available without personal guarantees from the Board (and I for one was not prepared to do that as i was acting on a purely voluntary basis out of my passion for the Club). Remember this was a time before the sales of the likes of Matt Grimes and others, which we have all now come accustomed to and which has given the Club its current financial stability and allows us all to think about promotion and possible survival in a higher division (Northampton game aside) while many other clubs genuinely face financial oblivion. Success (and dare I say competence) is measured in different ways and had we not managed to get through these really tricky times, we wouldn't now be having debates about our relationship with the Chiefs and how we might spend any Watkins windfall. It's not a question of whether things should have been done differently but with whether they could have been done differently.
Good post but what should in your opinion have been done differently,do you think there were to many wrong decisions at that time ?

At No risk or at no cost to the club has been pushed out so many times that some fans just don’t believe it.

If the club are relying on Ollie Watkins bringing in a windfall that may not happen for a long time if Brentford get promotion, So what’s plan B ?

Do you feel confident that the club is in better hands now than in 2014 or should a new owner be considered.