• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City and Chiefs same owner.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting to hear Wigan MP Lisa Nandy saying today that the owner of Wigan Warriors Rugby League club is the favourite to take up the reigns at Wigan Athletic...with Tony Rowe enjoying an hugely successful twenty years in charge of the Chiefs it really wouldn’t be to difficult to see him maybe take City to the Championship while significantly improving the infrastructure of the club at the same time...what would exwebers think of similar thing happening at SJP?

Only interested in opinions and not to be seen as my view.

Grecianpasty

If its wasn't Tony Rowe I would support the idea. But seeing as how it would be, I am completely against it. His loose morals and buinness acumen are the polar opposite traits of what makes ECFC great.

I'm out.

Rosencrantz

Interesting to hear Wigan MP Lisa Nandy saying today that the owner of Wigan Warriors Rugby League club is the favourite to take up the reigns at Wigan Athletic...with Tony Rowe enjoying an hugely successful twenty years in charge of the Chiefs it really wouldn’t be to difficult to see him maybe take City to the Championship while significantly improving the infrastructure of the club at the same time...what would exwebers think of similar thing happening at SJP?

Only interested in opinions and not to be seen as my view.
I think the phrase is..."hell would need to freeze over" before Tony Rowe would have any interest in buying City, unless it was possibly to use City to boost the Chief's. Reportedly, he hates football.

And no, I'm not going to forgive them for stuffing the Falcon's 😉.

dommers

Indeed

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the phrase is..."hell would need to freeze over" before Tony Rowe would have any interest in buying City, unless it was possibly to use City to boost the Chief's. Reportedly, he hates football.

Yep no chance nor would I want there to be one.

i8cornwall

I actually wouldn’t be against this in a hypothetical sense as long as the trust was able to keep a small share in the club, enough to block any major changes such as name, club badge, crest etc.

This is all of course pie in the sky ideas and wouldn’t happen as Tony Rowe couldn’t make any money out of us nor any owner come to think of it. he would probably insist on us playing second fiddle to the plastics rugby club anyway.

The trust has actually been trying to find out who owns the other shares in the club which has made me wonder if there is a wider motive there, I suspect there isn’t and I’ve to much time on my hands at the moment.

Red Devon

Not exactly Mr Popular is Tony Rowe then by the sounds of it, as someone who has absolutely no interest in rugby or speedway I didn’t realise this.

IBA

There was some deal that was discussed about ground sharing about 10 years ago. Tony Rowe was willing to share with City for £20 million.

dontpassback

The answer is categorically NO,as others have said,the speedway was shafted and who would I rather trust,the trust or the chiefs owner,no brainier

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the words of the immortal Frankie Howerd,

"Nay, Nay and thrice Nay"