• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy Pym has gone Posh

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the fact he plays Championship football after getting promoted from L1 last season tells you all you need to know about his ability. Not the tallest for a keeper but very quick reactions, brave and confident as well as good distribution and comfortable with the ball at his feet. Still young as well. If he leaves Posh following his fall out with Ferguson I don't think he'll struggle to find another Championship or L1 club.
Fair points, and perhaps I am doing him a disservice considering he’s obviously achieved a lot since leaving us. But, just from his time with us, I was rarely going away from games thinking that Pym had an outstanding game. Dawson on the other hand has been superb in each of the four games I’ve seen him this season. But I concede it’s still early days.

Re Pym moving on, MacAnthony said on his podcast today that they will be looking to move him on in January. I expect there will be plenty of interest, however, I imagine a GK moving for decent money in January isn’t as easy when a lot of teams will have settled ‘keepers in place. No way he will come back here as he’s not going to drop below L1.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair points, and perhaps I am doing him a disservice considering he’s obviously achieved a lot since leaving us. But, just from his time with us, I was rarely going away from games thinking that Pym had an outstanding game. Dawson on the other hand has been superb in each of the four games I’ve seen him this season. But I concede it’s still early days.

Re Pym moving on, MacAnthony said on his podcast today that they will be looking to move him on in January. I expect there will be plenty of interest, however, I imagine a GK moving for decent money in January isn’t as easy when a lot of teams will have settled ‘keepers in place. No way he will come back here as he’s not going to drop below L1.
FWIW I think Pym, despite only being 5'9, was better in the air. Dawson flapped at one, not for the first time, on Saturday but got away with it.

Maxi08

Not that it is going to happen but I wouldn't want Pym back, we have better options now and in the future.

Are we likely to see Harry Lee selected for his age group internationally as Christy was?
Already been selected for England training camp postponed due to COVID unfortunately 👍

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rumour amongst the Posh fans is that Pym threw/kicked a boot at Ferguson's head during said row.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If legend is to be believed, Ferguson Jnr's old man wasn't averse to lobbing a few things around the dressing room!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rumour amongst the Posh fans is that Pym threw/kicked a boot at Ferguson's head during said row.
Much like when Fergusons father decided to kick a boot at Beckham during a fall out resulting in a small cut which Beckham decided to treat with a cross plaster :ROFLMAO:

Boyo

But, just from his time with us, I was rarely going away from games thinking that Pym had an outstanding game. Dawson on the other hand has been superb in each of the four games I’ve seen him this season. But I concede it’s still early days.
I guess we witnessed Pym's formative years and the associated mistakes/learning, whereas Dawson at 26 should be nearing his peak. Interestingly there's only a few months between them in terms of age.

Ash

FWIW I think Pym, despite only being 5'9, was better in the air. Dawson flapped at one, not for the first time, on Saturday but got away with it.
I'm guessing you're being flippant regarding Christy's height.....

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
5'9 is his official height.

*Stat provided by Carling PUSA.

jrg333

Fair point. Christy is actually 5'10".