• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy Pym has gone Posh

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wonder how long his contract is, hope it's not too short....

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that with your tail between your legs or wagging?
Stretched out on your sofa. Retired Greyhounds love their creature comforts. :)

jase 07

Apparently he signed a new 3 year contract back in May this year, he will be ok financially whatever happens

jase 07

Ah! Some sense! Anybody claiming that Pym is anywhere near 6'0" is deluded. When I saw him, many years before he ever played for City, it was plainly evident that the young Pym was an extremely acrobatic agile keeper. My only observation then was he really was undersized for a keeper. I believe he was about 15 at that time, so he had some time to get taller. He obviously grew, but I seriously dont think he's anymore now than 5'8"/5'9". That said, some great keepers of the past have been no more than Pyms height. One problem with looking small in a goalmouth is that it gives opposition forwards the idea they can knock him about a bit, which has been the case. Unfortunately treatment like that has seen him develope a questionable attitude!
This is tiresome beyond belief, I am between 5 10 and 5 11 and I was stood right next to him at a game a couple of years ago and he is a good 2 inches taller than me

PeteUSA

This is tiresome beyond belief, I am between 5 10 and 5 11 and I was stood right next to him at a game a couple of years ago and he is a good 2 inches taller than me
I'm not doubting your accessment above. Could it not be though that when he's out and about in situations like that he might be wearing lifts in his shoes or cuban heels? They are very cleverly designed these days. Simon Cowell adds around 3 inches to his height with such contraptions. In his stockinged feet, Pym is no more than 5'9"; of that I'm certain.

Arthur Davey

You've been with him in stockings? Now maybe this is starting to get more interesting....

jase 07

I'm not doubting your accessment above. Could it not be though that when he's out and about in situations like that he might be wearing lifts in his shoes or cuban heels? They are very cleverly designed these days. Simon Cowell adds around 3 inches to his height with such contraptions. In his stockinged feet, Pym is no more than 5'9"; of that I'm certain.
So let’s say Peterborough thought they were signing a 6 foot tall keeper, his medical would have involved him being weighed and measured etc, if the medical team reported back to the Manager / Recruitment People and said this guy is only 5 8 do you really think they would have signed him ?

fred binneys head

It's 5' 10"

Grecian2K

It's 5' 10"
In its stockings but 6' 2" if it puts on stilettos.

jase 07

In its stockings but 6' 2" if it puts on stilettos.
Or 6’ 5” in it’s Cuban Heels 😜