• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy Pym has gone Posh

tonykellowfan

Christ do we have to keep going with this nonsense. He is over 6 foot, I've stood next to him.

He looks small because so many keepers are 6'2'' and taller.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently Christy took umbrage because he thought the gaffer was talking down to him.

Banksy

Christ do we have to keep going with this nonsense. He is over 6 foot, I've stood next to him.

He looks small because so many keepers are 6'2'' and taller.
Quite right. I know we use his height as a way of fun bantering with US of A Pete , but a lot of sources on the net give 1.83m as his height. So six foot then.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know we use his height as a way of fun bantering with US of A Pete
Yep. TKF deserves a whoosh there 😁

I've said before I'm just shy of 6'0 and when I've passed him he's definitely taller than me.

elginCity

Likewise, we could have been mistaken for twins had he been better looking, and confirm he wasn't standing on tiptoe at the time either.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe I'm right in saying that I'm 5' 11".

Reactions: WXF

Banksy

I believe I'm right in saying that I'm 5' 11".
Is that with your tail between your legs or wagging?

jrg333

Quite right. I know we use his height as a way of fun bantering with US of A Pete , but a lot of sources on the net give 1.83m as his height. So six foot then.
I know this thread is laughably full of speculation about Pym's height but look, there is simply no way on earth that he is 6 foot or over. I've stood next to him at the ground and in bars in the city. I look down on him and I'm 6'1". He is 5'11 at the very, very most. This is simply a fact. He is very small by keepers' standards. 1.83m is an absolute joke. Only on Tinder would he claim that as his height!

PeteUSA

I know this thread is laughably full of speculation about Pym's height but look, there is simply no way on earth that he is 6 foot or over. I've stood next to him at the ground and in bars in the city. I look down on him and I'm 6'1". He is 5'11 at the very, very most. This is simply a fact. He is very small by keepers' standards. 1.83m is an absolute joke. Only on Tinder would he claim that as his height!
Ah! Some sense! Anybody claiming that Pym is anywhere near 6'0" is deluded. When I saw him, many years before he ever played for City, it was plainly evident that the young Pym was an extremely acrobatic agile keeper. My only observation then was he really was undersized for a keeper. I believe he was about 15 at that time, so he had some time to get taller. He obviously grew, but I seriously dont think he's anymore now than 5'8"/5'9". That said, some great keepers of the past have been no more than Pyms height. One problem with looking small in a goalmouth is that it gives opposition forwards the idea they can knock him about a bit, which has been the case. Unfortunately treatment like that has seen him develope a questionable attitude!

dontpassback

Posh lost again tonight so the future ain’t looking to good for ferguson unless he starts getting results