• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christmas parties

flat_cap

If it's sh*te I will be complaining and will expect a refund. Have you been there, then?
Unfortunately yes. Typical brand new pub trying to be something that it's not. The atmosphere is probably better at Gnome park!

Hopefully for your sake they have some outsiders in to cook your Christmas meal!

Shabba's Back

Unfortunately yes. Typical brand new pub trying to be something that it's not. The atmosphere is probably better at Gnome park!

Hopefully for your sake they have some outsiders in to cook your Christmas meal!
A lad who I work with, also works there and recommended it, he knows if the food is sh*te we will be wanting a refund. Is it the same chain as the Seven Stars?

flat_cap

A lad who I work with, also works there and recommended it, he knows if the food is sh*te we will be wanting a refund. Is it the same chain as the Seven Stars?
It's a Marstons I think? Could well be wrong though. He's bound to say its alright if he works there though isn't he?! :D

Shabba's Back

It's a Marstons I think? Could well be wrong though. He's bound to say its alright if he works there though isn't he?! :D
Knowing me though? Would you lie about the food, even if you worked there? :D

The one in Ilminster is a Marston's and it's not bad. Better than spoons which is all I expect tbh.

flat_cap

Knowing me though? Would you lie about the food, even if you worked there? :D

The one in Ilminster is a Marston's and it's not bad. Better than spoons which is all I expect tbh.
Haha fair point!!

I think it's more the fact that it's a brand new building that has been made to look like an old farmhouse that annoys me more than the actual food itself tbh.

Oh it's definitely better than spoons, but then that's not difficult is it? I waited 45 minutes for a dessert in the Imperial the other day, so when it did finally arrive, I walked out with the plate and the cutlery that went with it in protest.

Shabba's Back

Haha fair point!!

I think it's more the fact that it's a brand new building that has been made to look like an old farmhouse that annoys me more than the actual food itself tbh.

Oh it's definitely better than spoons, but then that's not difficult is it? I waited 45 minutes for a dessert in the Imperial the other day, so when it did finally arrive, I walked out with the plate and the cutlery that went with it in protest.
Hahahaha!!! You short of crockery and cutlery at home?

flat_cap

Hahahaha!!! You short of crockery and cutlery at home?
Not any more! :D

Shabba's Back

Not any more! :D
Not if you did that everytime you went to a spoons and you had to wait forever for your food. In fact, you've probably got more than wilkinsons.

Wellyred

Been to the skylark many times, never had a bad meal. Heard from people who have mind!

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're having a virtual Christmas party this Friday and have been promised "fun".

I'm struggling to see the point of bothering.