• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christian Ribeiro

milts

What's the reason for playing Riberio as a right sided centre half and Davies as a right wing back?

Riberio is probably our best player going forward and is a natural right wing back. Surely Davies could have played cente midfield and Oakley be kept at the back?

All three had terrible games yesterday and the positions they were playing didn't help!

wiveygrecian

Re: Christian Riberio

I agree with all that. Negative mindset by the manager. Ribs should play where he plays best. Wasted yesterday.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

He's perfect for that right wing back slot

Centre half ?

No , never -

Crazy management of one of our most attacking players

manc grecian

He's the closest thing we have to a proper centre half in terms of height and pace. Until he signs a proper defender we are going to carry on dicking around playing players out of position. Lightweight midfield exposes rubbish defence who in turn expose inexperienced goalkeeper.

Davies has been playing well recently.... in the middle he isn't a wing back. Would love to see Wheeler and Ribiero down the right together.

wemissmoxey

He always strikes me as a very raw player however he has pace and power which is something we rarely ever have, he isn't a great defender at the moment, hopefully he will improve however he always looks a threat when he is going forward, as things stand I'd be playing him right back, right wing back or right wing, play him centrally and you won't get the best out of him, pretty simple really.

Last edited:

oxford don

He's the closest thing we have to a proper centre half in terms of height and pace. Until he signs a proper defender we are going to carry on dicking around playing players out of position. Lightweight midfield exposes rubbish defence who in turn expose inexperienced goalkeeper.

Davies has been playing well recently.... in the middle he isn't a wing back. Would love to see Wheeler and Ribiero down the right together.
Me too...Ribeiros best position by far is a wing back in fact I would go as far as saying he's possibly one of the best in the league.

Perhaps Tis thinks because he has reasonable heading ability he can play centre half....WRONG !

Ribs is rather more cultured than that IMO and seems to play better against better teams. He's always going to look after himself so don't expect him to be putting in crunching tackles or playing the game on his backside.

I think he's one of the few players we have who could play at a higher level comfortably, where more football is played.

Asking him to play right side of centre half is a waste of his talents and I must say weakens that position and that of Right back also.

I'm surprised SP hasn't said something to PT about it..because it just doesn't work.

Saying that I don't think he did that bad yesterday, certainly tries hard enough.

Stop Dicking about Tis !

Ampadu19

Play him at right back where he can overlap with a right sided midfielder who will then sit in for him. If you played him right midfield you would find he is marked out the game, whereas you cannot mark him at right back and his willingness to sprint up the touchlines makes it difficult for the opposition if you have a right sided midfielder who knows when to pass the ball at the right time vs the space Ribeiro creates from the overlap.

He is too attack minded to be a centre back.

Antony Moxey

I'd rather he, along with the rest of the back four, learnt how to defend first before worrying about bombing forward. We have plenty of midfielders and strikers who should be able to attack without letting a defence have a go when they leak goals like sieve.

crocks

I'd rather he, along with the rest of the back four, learnt how to defend first before worrying about bombing forward. We have plenty of midfielders and strikers who should be able to attack without letting a defence have a go when they leak goals like sieve.
Agreed, and it seems to me that most of the goals that City concede are from crosses from our RB position.

wemissmoxey

If you are going to restrict someone like him you may as well not have him, defensively he isn't going to improve massively overnight, we should just accept him for what he is and get the best out of his good points, i.e. surging runs forward.