• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chorlton steps down!

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on fellow fans, get those season tickets ordered. Show the Club we like the changes.
Tisdale and Perryman are still in situ, very little will change, get yourself ready for another dire season at SJP Arnold.

Last edited:

geoffwp

Tisdale and Perryman are still in situ, very little will change, get yourself ready for another dire season at SJP Arnold.
Actually simian, I think next season has some exciting aspects to look forward to. Chorlton gone? Fine, been hoping it would happen soon. Taggy next? I wouldn't worry that much. Paul Tisdale. No way son. In my book he stays and delivers.

geoffwp

He'd fit in with a lot of you on here then...
We're talking Exeter city football here Coco. Can you please stop constantly de-railing a thread with your snide personal comments aimed at other posters who don't happen to share your very narrow and weird view. Thank you.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
2 things going on here for me.

First HH12, you're the first person I've heard of that actually became director for the day. I'm really pleased it isn't a myth. A complete lack of transparency by the Trust as to who wins this.
It's reported every match on gnet

Here is an example of the email that is sent thru

DIRECTOR FOR A DAY PRIZE DRAW ECFC V WYCOMBE TUESDAY 25 FEBRUARY

I am happy to report we had a Director for a Day for Tuesday’s match although he was eighth on the list. Due to a combination of people not being able to attend and not responding to calls, texts, or emails, or them not working, the prize went to Keith.

Keith Parsons was the lucky winner and was our Director for a Day for the home league match ECFC v WYCOMBE ON TUESDAY 25 FEBRUARY.

Keith brought his friend Tom Hoile with him as his guest.

On the “missed out” list were: Matt Lemon; Robert Adams; Mark Hawker; Mark Eastwood; Paul Condick; Juliet Campling; Ronald Hutchinson; P Mackie; and Ted Ashman.

The geographical spread of the ten drawn out for this match was: four in Exeter; three from other EX Postcodes (Tiverton, Honiton, and Crediton); one from another Devon postcode (Newton Abbot); and two from outside Devon (Maidstone, Kent; and Brampton, Cumbria).

All on the list had phone numbers shown although a number of them were unobtainable so need updating and three did not have an email addresses and one of the others was wrong.

Please remember that if you were lucky enough to be drawn I have to contact you quite quickly so up to date details are essential.

If you don't have an up-to-date e-mail address or phone number then you run the risk of me not being able to get hold of you in time, so why not check and update them (if necessary) yourself by e-mailing [email protected] to get your current details.

Cheers, Neil Le Milliere

Spoonz Red E

First HH12, you're the first person I've heard of that actually became director for the day. I'm really pleased it isn't a myth. A complete lack of transparency by the Trust as to who wins this. Quelle surprise.
You what?

It's announced on the Trust site everytime

As per:
http://ecfcst.org.uk/2014/04/25/director-for-the-day-winner-scunthorpe/
http://ecfcst.org.uk/2014/04/21/director-for-the-day-winner-torquay/

PeteUSA

While I'm pleased that Conway is gone, who I didnt like much, and Chorlton, who didnt do much, we're still stuck with the big three earners of Tagg, Perryman, and Tisdale. We know that Tisdale plans to stay at the club for life because we were mugs enough to give him that two year roller. If he wont voluntarily agree to reduce his contract period, he should be given two years notice immediately to arrive at a sensible contract period.

On the face of it, 'Stevie P' is surplus to requirements, and I dont see what has to offer at all. 'Being good to have around' doesnt cut it anymore, and the Spurs legend thing is a fading memory. Him gone would see substancial savings.

Tagg: I'd actually like to see, or be told what he actually does in a working week. I dont buy into Lez's "a hell of a lot" since I dont think he knows precisely what he fills each 9 til 5 day doing. I think a time and motion study for a fortnight would be in order here. He's evidently paid handsomely, I think we have a right to know what for.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member

First HH12, you're the first person I've heard of that actually became director for the day. I'm really pleased it isn't a myth. A complete lack of transparency by the Trust as to who wins this. Quelle surprise.
I've had that honour too.

We were living abroad at the time. We'd booked tickets on the Wednesday to come back for a long weekend, was packing on Thursday evening when I received a message from Neil le M. We were eighth on the list too.

All the stars aligned to allow us that opportunity, which was thoroughly enjoyable (apart from the weird looks from the rest of the director's box when my support became a little "ahem" vociferous during the game).

As for Mr Chorlton, he's gone. How are we, as supporters and owners, supposed to value the contribution of someone who has added something between "nothing noticeable" and "lots we don't know about".

Farcical.

Last edited:

HarryECFC

I can't even keep up to date with all the things going on at the club now. I don't really know all the ins and outs of how the board and trust work now that Chorlton has resigned.

Antony Moxey

Second thing, (and probably why I will never win DFTD) if he had walked away from me I would have pursued him and hounded hin to at least acknowledge me, and the Trust who paid that useless waste of a name's wages.

Good riddance to someone who not only robbed our Club of a lot of money, for which he did nothing, but refused to engage with the people paying his wage.

If anyone knows better and would like to defend the ****, if I am convinced by your evidence I am willing to retract my words.
What? I've known loads of people who've been director for a day. I won it myself a couple of years ago and took the kids along, we had a great time and it's one of the many good things the club does that doesn't get the credit it deserves.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

Second thing, (and probably why I will never win DFTD) if he had walked away from me I would have pursued him and hounded hin to at least acknowledge me, and the Trust who paid that useless waste of a name's wages.

Good riddance to someone who not only robbed our Club of a lot of money, for which he did nothing, but refused to engage with the people paying his wage.

If anyone knows better and would like to defend the ****, if I am convinced by your evidence I am willing to retract my words.
Just to back you up, I cant say I had heard of anyone winning it either but to be fair not living close to Exeter I don't know a lot of other fans personally. Good news of course that others do know of people winning it.