• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chorlton steps down!

hatch4england

The role as chairman should not be conflated with redevelopment IMHO. A good chairman is a valuable asset and expertise or not in property affairs isn't in point re that.

For the record, I reckon £3-4k is about right for the part-time chairman of a company like this, and I'd bet there would be several well-qualified people willing to do it for that or even for free - it's a nice bit of extra pocket money for a retired director type etc and we do like to keep our hand in..and don't have these inflated ideas of self-worth that afflict people who have spent their lives spending other people's money and not being very accountable for the outcomes.

I've done it and really enjoyed it...but then the boards I have been involved with have all been made up of very talented people. Chairing this lot would be an ordeal.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Please dont say that Lez, you can bet your life he'll want the 15K that we were thinking we'd saved by offloading Chorlton.

Speaking of Tagg, he's next to go - or tell us what he does exactly, closely followed by Perryman with the same questionaire!
A hell of a lot Pate

How? You said he was looking after the youth system....
He is vice chairman

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
How will we ever replace such a figure head as Mr Chorlton ;)
The build up to the season gets better each week.
He was never popular at DCC and even less so at ECFC.
Met him once at director for the day the conversation went like this :
'Hello Ed Chorlton Chairman' and then he walked off.

Not exactly a man of the people

Saint James

I think thats a bit unfair on Wolfie. You have to give him an opportunity to show his worth and he has yet to do anything wrong.
You had two bites going fishing there Snoopy - good work.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
All i can see is the Simpsons wont someone think of the Redevelopment? :)

obviously redevelopment replacing children B-)

Fred W

It took sometime but we got there in the end. Today is a champagne day.

Next, Wolfie and then those that appointed Chorlton.

Come on fellow fans, get those season tickets ordered. Show the Club we like the changes.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
inflated ideas of self-worth that afflict people who have spent their lives spending other people's money and not being very accountable for the outcomes.
Are you Edward in disguise?

Getting fed up of people with inflated ideas of self-worth just because they weren't talented enough to work for a local authority.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
http://www.exeweb.com/2014/07/25/chorlton-the-citys-chairman-steps-down/

Need to know what the Trust are currently thinking.

FAN-TATIC

Been away all day and only just got in. This is the best news coming out of City for a long time. Chorlton was a total waste of time and money. My only regret with his parting is that he stayed 4 years too long.

Red Lion

Met him once at director for the day the conversation went like this :
'Hello Ed Chorlton Chairman' and then he walked off.

Not exactly a man of the people
2 things going on here for me.

First HH12, you're the first person I've heard of that actually became director for the day. I'm really pleased it isn't a myth. A complete lack of transparency by the Trust as to who wins this. Quelle surprise.

Second thing, (and probably why I will never win DFTD) if he had walked away from me I would have pursued him and hounded hin to at least acknowledge me, and the Trust who paid that useless waste of a name's wages.

Good riddance to someone who not only robbed our Club of a lot of money, for which he did nothing, but refused to engage with the people paying his wage.

If anyone knows better and would like to defend the ****, if I am convinced by your evidence I am willing to retract my words.