• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chippenham Town v Exeter City XI Matchday Thread

ecfc2000

I'll be going. A pleasant and easy 6 mile drive for me. I'm looking forward to seeing more of our young lads that played well against Salisbury last Friday evening.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am 12 miles away at present and there is an electricity in the air. It is somewhat reminiscent of the queues round the block and th panic of not knowing whether the ground would be full or not when City reserves played at Mangotsfield a couple of years back. I can hardly contain myself, but unfortunately I really need to wash my hair tonight. Life is all about priorities.

I am reliably infomred that Stroudy will be there, spilling his cider as per.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll be going. A pleasant and easy 6 mile drive for me. I'm looking forward to seeing more of our young lads that played well against Salisbury last Friday evening.
I wish them well.

Here's hoping that a few of them will get an outing on Saturday too, as opposed to being permanent benchwarmers.

Grecian_Jay

I wish them well.

Here's hoping that a few of them will get an outing on Saturday too, as opposed to being permanent benchwarmers.
Haha that's a good one :(

ecfc2000

I am 12 miles away at present and there is an electricity in the air. It is somewhat reminiscent of the queues round the block and th panic of not knowing whether the ground would be full or not when City reserves played at Mangotsfield a couple of years back. I can hardly contain myself, but unfortunately I really need to wash my hair tonight. Life is all about priorities.

I am reliably infomred that Stroudy will be there, spilling his cider as per.
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there EX4?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
More a dsh than a hint, I like to think.

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy your evening and see some City stars of the future. Personally, I don't normally do friendlies and reserve team matches. As I am sure that Tis won't risk anyone tonight who would even be on the fringes of Saturday's squad, the players are likely to be two or three years off from the first team. This obviously will not affect the taste of the cider.

Up the City!

ecfc2000

More a dsh than a hint, I like to think.

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy your evening and see some City stars of the future. Personally, I don't normally do friendlies and reserve team matches. As I am sure that Tis won't risk anyone tonight who would even be on the fringes of Saturday's squad, the players are likely to be two or three years off from the first team. This obviously will not affect the taste of the cider.

Up the City!
Fair enough.

I must admit though i've become more of a fan of PSF's over the years after watching so many poor City first team performances. I'm confident that i'll get more enjoyment watching 11 hungry and enthusiastic city youngsters for £9 tonight than on Saturday watching 11 senior players happy to pass it sideways for 90 mins at a cost of £25 (which i'll also be going to).

It's 'Spice of Bengal's banquet night tonight I'll be there at 6:30 full by 7:45 & at the game by 8pm. UTC

ecfc2000

It's 'Spice of Bengal's banquet night tonight I'll be there at 6:30 full by 7:45 & at the game by 8pm. UTC
You will have missed 4 City goals inside the first 15 minutes then.....

StroudGrecian

Fair enough.

I must admit though i've become more of a fan of PSF's over the years after watching so many poor City first team performances. I'm confident that i'll get more enjoyment watching 11 hungry and enthusiastic city youngsters for £9 tonight than on Saturday watching 11 senior players happy to pass it sideways for 90 mins at a cost of £25 (which i'll also be going to).
Agreed.

£9 though. ***** me. And I bet they'll want more for the privilege of sitting in their 'grandstand'.