• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town vs Exeter City matchday thread

Bat Fastard

You do talk some utter drivel at times.
unlike you? Helmet

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
From Devon Live

Attachments

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
City played the best football yesterday but Cheltenham were a lot sharper. All 3 goals were down to sloppy mistakes. City have the player ability, but please cut out the errors.

Thought Jamal should have done a lot lot better with the 2nd.

Great turn out from City, shame we didnt have any thing to show for the afternoons efforts.

milts

Very poor attempt from Blackman for the second goal. He got there but somehow didn't save it.

We're bloody terrible at times but played some decent football in the second half yesterday. Well worked goal.

tom_ecfc

Very poor attempt from Blackman for the second goal. He got there but somehow didn't save it.
I wonder if Cheltenham have a 360 with a view from behind the goal?

Bat Fastard

We can’t blame the loss on a flare ffs

tom_ecfc

We can’t blame the loss on a flare ffs
But it does change the tempo of the game at the time and momentum changes. Whatever your view of flares, it did have a factor to the end result.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was in his own half when the ball was played.View attachment 11239
Fair enough, I couldn’t see that from where I was, he just looked miles offside and a Cheltenham fan shouted thank you to the Lino, so I assumed he was off. Great call by the Lino then, to be fair. I’m now angry at Sweenz for his terrible pass 🤣

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair enough, I couldn’t see that from where I was, he just looked miles offside and a Cheltenham fan shouted thank you to the Lino, so I assumed he was off. Great call by the Lino then, to be fair. I’m now angry at Sweenz for his terrible pass 🤣
I thought Sweeney was very poor on the ball yesterday, among others it must be said.

Alfie 1966

From Devon Live
A complete T--T who threw the flare after our goal the delay gave Cheltenham time to regroup and go again. Cant understand they did not have the gloves & bucket near pitch side.