• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town vs Exeter City matchday thread

Memphis09

No way should he be reinstated until the police case is over. Guilty or not guilty should decide if he ever puts his foot on the pitch for this club. If not guilty he
should be back. But if guilty no way. If he is found guilty and he plays for us again I will be the first to return my season ticket
That’s sad

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Sweeny Unimpressed with the Flare thrower.

Frankly, whoever was responsible needs to give their head a good wobble. With Cheltenham on the rack, we’d grabbed the ball out of the net with a view to piling the pressure on them, only for one of our own supporters to interrupt our momentum and provide the Robins with an opportunity to regroup.

Of course, throwing a flare on to field of play can never be condoned – not only is it potentially dangerous, it’s also a criminal offence, which can result in a football banning order. Notwithstanding all the above, if we’d just gone two or three goals to the good, or bagged an injury time winner then, while still a pretty dim thing to do, I could almost have understood it.

However, on this occasion it was as ill-timed as it was ill-conceived and about as welcome as an Argyle supporter on the Big Bank. In any case, I hope whoever was responsible will be taking a long, hard look at themselves.

Any word on whether they have been identified yet or not? I Hope a banning order is placed.

Cowshed Grecian

Sweeney not holding back there…well said big man 👏

Andy_H

Sweeney not holding back there…well said big man 👏
Maybe the person who threw it might like to explain to the Team his/her reasoning behind their action. Should be an interesting 'discussion' with Sweens, one sided possibly but nonetheless interesting. Maybe have the Club Dr & Physio on stand-by.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the person who threw it might like to explain to the Team his/her reasoning behind their action. Should be an interesting 'discussion' with Sweens, one sided possibly but nonetheless interesting. Maybe have the Club Dr & Physio on stand-by.
At least the walls would be red and white. Could be a cost saving on paint in the summer. I will get my coat.

Whether it led to a direct consequence of us conceding so quickly after is debatable, but the act in itself is sheer stupidity and people caught doing this sort of thing should receive strict punishments and imho a banning order from all grounds.

Last edited: