• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town v Exeter City - Carabao Cup

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If be very suprised if Pond plays considering the circumstances around the interest shown in him. I'd imagine Brown will play.
Not entirely sure what you mean. A club, or clubs, showed interest in Pond and, for the time being at least, it went nowhere. Why should that preclude him playing for Exeter tomorrow night?!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rumour has it Taylor’s fell out with Pond and Lee , so can’t see them getting any game time tomorrow, will be pretty strong tomorrow and Cox will get some minutes.
Any cup run will generate much needed income at the moment .
Clearly there's an issue with Pond but no idea about Lee. I think Taylor has thrown Pond under the bus a bit tbh. He doesn't want to go on loan to Yeovil but was there any need to say he's had his head turned and isn't in the right head space etc etc. Just say nothing and let the lad train with the squad and if an opportunity arrises for him in the first team so be it. The lad is on less than £300 per week so I'm not surprised if his head is turned when Rangers and Celtic come knocking.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, I’ve enjoyed (relatively) recent trips to both Fulham in 2018 and Birmingham (for Coventry) in 2019.
Lost both, but always good to see City at different grounds.
Oh yes I'd forgotten about Birmingham. Ben Chrisene made his debut that game!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter City 1 Hull City 3

23 August 2016
  • Pym
  • 3Woodman Substituted by Riley-Lowe at 83'minutes
  • 39Brown
  • 26Ampadu
  • 31Sweeney
  • 7Harley Substituted by Watkins at 74'minutes
  • 6Tillson
  • 4James
  • 25Taylor Substituted by Wheeler at 83'minutes
  • 19McAlinden
  • 12Grant
Substitutes
  • 8Simpson
  • 11Wheeler
  • 14Watkins
  • 20Jay
  • 21Hamon
  • 23Riley-Lowe
  • 24Byrne
Only Sweeney and Jay still at City 6 years later.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There is no live stream anywhere in the world for Carabao Cup games.

StroudGrecian

Bit confusing to have the KO time as 7.30 on the club website ticket info page. Everywhere else it's 7.45.

IndoMike

There is more to football than money. Seeing us take on higher league clubs, either at our place or theirs, is always a delight and a welcome break from the league.
Well, the fact that we will presumably be resting several 1st teamers does tend to Indicate that the EFL Cup is not the club's priority, don't you think?
In fact, most clubs rest their key players for this competition, bearing in mind the prize money is sh*te and the chances of being drawn against a big club away are minimal.
Of course it would be good to beat Cheltenham, but I'd much rather our key players were rested so that we have a better chance of beating Cambridge.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the last few years I've been so concerned with promotion that I didn't want cup runs to disturb our focus on that. This season I think we should play full strength teams (minus Nombe who needs to be protected with cotton wool) in the cup competitions.

IndoMike

In the last few years I've been so concerned with promotion that I didn't want cup runs to disturb our focus on that. This season I think we should play full strength teams (minus Nombe who needs to be protected with cotton wool) in the cup competitions.
But I bet we won't

IndoMike

Kite, Collins, Kegs AND Jay?
Yes, since the OP asked for our line-up predictions I played the game and did it.
I see you didn't reply to my friendly suggestion that you could try posting yours since you disagreed with mine.