• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham prediction

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The kids have set up an approx rainfall experiment in the back garden !

A 3 1/2 inch funnel taped to a 3 litre Coke bottle , not very scientific but would give an indication of how much rain comes down overnight.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The kids have set up an approx rainfall experiment in the back garden !

A 3 1/2 inch funnel taped to a 3 litre Coke bottle , not very scientific but would give an indication of how much rain comes down overnight.
Think when they've finished with it, you should flog it on ebay, I would think that a 3 litre bottle is quite a rarity ! ;)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think when they've finished with it, you should flog it on ebay, I would think that a 3 litre bottle is quite a rarity ! ;)
Not in this house mate ! ive seen my lot demolish a 3 ltr bottle in under an hour, Takes me ages to go through one with a bottle or 2 of Jack.

denzel

https://www.torquayunited.com/pitch-update-tufc-vs-woking-020418/

So, an early inspection at Torquay. Do we have driers? If not, why is a school in Tiverton supplying Torquay and not us?

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
https://www.torquayunited.com/pitch-update-tufc-vs-woking-020418/

So, an early inspection at Torquay. Do we have driers? If not, why is a school in Tiverton supplying Torquay and not us?
I have driven past Blundells school and seen they had a roller device super soaker thing that when you drive it along a wet patch the foam on the outside soaks the water then drops it into a container within the centre to be emptied.

Maybe Torquay asked first to lend it in case after all the schools has broken up for a week so not being used there.

Cricket grounds use them quite a bit.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not optimistic. It's been raining heavily for at least a couple of hours now and there's a severe weather warning for this evening.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not optimistic. It's been raining heavily for at least a couple of hours now and there's a severe weather warning for this evening.
The latest forecast is for the rain to ease off around 9am so we may have a chance if that happens. It is ****ing it down now though, as you say.

manc grecian

Didn't the Wolfster get us some drainage things from Taunton. Probably all he did.

PeteUSA

Whatever happened to the covers we put over the pitch to assure the Man U replay went ahead?

STURTZ

I expect Sky took them home.