• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
How quickly things can change...
Yes , now it’s the walking wounded.Hope our league position doesn’t suffer too much in consequence. Looks like we’ll be missing Pond now and Stubb’s continual poor fitness will be keenly felt.

andrew p long

City have now conceded as many goals (5) in the 2 league games without Cheikh as we did in the 7 league games in which he played.

Banksy

City have now conceded as many goals (5) in the 2 league games without Cheikh as we did in the 7 league games in which he played.
Looking a bit thin on the ground in that department and not looking like improving in the immediate future. Hope those forwards can get a few goals under their belts , looks like we’re going to need them!

Bridgy 81

Just out of interest and no offence intended but I’ve noticed you always say Cheikh whereas I’ve thought his first name is spelt Cheick.
Any idea which one is correct as I’d obviously prefer to get it right?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just out of interest and no offence intended but I’ve noticed you always say Cheikh whereas I’ve thought his first name is spelt Cheick.
It's Cheick.

Matt Russell

The club website has it as Cheick, though they do have our next SJP match (Southampton) as being on a Tusday.

andrew p long

:oops:, looks like you're right - I blame my spell cheikh

Bridgy 81

Any news on Chieck’s recovery?
He last played for us (and scored the only goal of the game) against MK Dons on Saturday 3rd September.
He was absent from the squad Tuesday 13th at Shrewsbury and the following day this was explained to be as a consequence of a stress fracture on the outside of his foot.
We were told he’d probably be out of action for 4-6 weeks, best case scenario.
So as it’s likely he broke the bone on 3rd September that was 5 weeks ago as we were enjoying ourselves in Barnsley last Saturday.
I may have missed an update somewhere but hope he’s on track for a return sooner rather than later.
We’ve done brilliantly in his and other’s absence but it’ll get to a point soon with our incessant fixture list that some of our currently fit players will need a rest, even if just to guard against them getting some sort of muscular type injury.
I’d love to see Chieck get game time if possible against FGR next Tuesday in the PJ Trophy then back at full tilt for Derby away the following Tuesday or perhaps in time for some other herberts we’re playing on the 31st.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems it's Cheick, mate.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know the club are being extra cautious with this injury as it's one that can easily reoccur if it's not rested properly. I'd guess Fleetwood (H) on the 22nd?