• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
For me, equal MOM with Collins last night v Wycombe - but only because Collins had an excellent game also (like quite a few others).

Let there be no doubt ladies and gentlemen, Diabate right now is Championship starting XI standard ......... and as for the future? Towering, tenacious, strong, fit, and super fast with dogged determination and 'thou shalt not pass philosophy'. And he's calm on the ball. Yes, is he still a little raw around the edges. But you can see how he has gained confidence since regularly appearing at the start of the year. Really encouraging last night also to see him make telling long passes out of defence into clever areas.

We will get ££££££££££s for him ..... I just hope we can hang on to him for this season until other clubs start to sniff around, because they will.

For now, enjoy the ride (and our promising league position). Can't wait to start playing the likes of Ipswich, Wednesday, Bolton now to see where we really are in this League?
You Sir, are currently living in dream land. Has he got the potential to get to where you suggest he already is? Possibly. Is he there yet? Not a cat in hells chance. He was up against Wheeler to start with who, love him as many of us do, isn't a striker. Had Sam Vokes been fit, Chieck would have had a very, very different game to contend with and not one he would have been able to cruise through with the comfort he had last night. When he's dealt with the likes of Vokes and a certain Mr Stockley to name a couple who instantly come to mind (and I'm sure there will be a few more to add to that list when I think about it) and still looks as unruffled as he did last night, then you might have something to shout about. I'm not say he can't or won't but let's wait until he does before you start blowing too much wind up his arse.

elginCity

It’s blowing smoke, Harris. :)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s blowing smoke up his Arris. :)
Corrected

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looked well out of sorts on the right side of defence today

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't there today but I can well imagine it. We take for granted how comfortable Sweeney is when he gets up the pitch from the right CB position. Cheick will be a fish out of water attempting what Sweeney does naturally and as a team we lose some effectiveness when he's not there.

iscalad

Sadly his passing was just not up to it today.

Mid Devon Grecian

I wasn't there today but I can well imagine it. We take for granted how comfortable Sweeney is when he gets up the pitch from the right CB position. Cheick will be a fish out of water attempting what Sweeney does naturally and as a team we lose some effectiveness when he's not there.
Was properly out of depth today. Too many poor balls and passes to get away with at this level, even against a poor Cheltenham side. Sweeney was badly missed.

arthur

I still remain slightly irritated that he didn't play in the middle of a back three (in place of a not quite fit Sam Stubbs) in the last game of last season. With Grounds at LCB and CD In the middle we'd have been champions as likely as not

denzel

I don't expect him to be providing crosses into the box, as long as he keeps the ball out at our end and gets up for corners anything else is a bonus.

IndoMike

Stubbs is the more experienced defender and should have played right side. Diabete is fine at centre back. For the life of me I don't know why Matt made 2 changes when.one was enough, making Diabete look like a duck out of water.