• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only £3m, cheapskate!
Haha you havent seen the add ons!!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love Cheick think he’s going onto bigger things.

Regarding this contract news though - he signed until the end of next season last year and the club had the option of a 1 year extension so it’s not quite what it’s being made out to be as a “2 year extension”

I’m actually concerned that this means he doesn’t want to stick around for longer - we will probably have to sell in January to get him at his peak value. Shame.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Regarding this contract news though - he signed until the end of next season last year and the club had the option of a 1 year extension so it’s not quite what it’s being made out to be as a “2 year extension”

I’m actually concerned that this means he doesn’t want to stick around for longer - we will probably have to sell in January to get him at his peak value. Shame.
Bring back George Ray ?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

I would imagine that if he continues his form from last season, particularly if he scores a few as well, we'll be selling him next summer for a decent sum.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bring back George Ray ?
I'm hoping that was tongue in cheek?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm hoping that was tongue in cheek?
Better the devil you know !

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Better the devil you know !
Why would we pay a transfer fee to get back a player the manager doesn't rate?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would we pay a transfer fee to get back a player the manager doesn't rate?
Because we obviously can't afford L1 wages according to our manager https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/transfer-news/exeter-city-staying-patient-high-7263409

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
But we can afford a transfer fee 😀?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
So you are suggesting we re-sign a player we discarded two days ago?