• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back on Cheik.

Just been watching some of Diabate's interviews regarding his development at Exeter and he comes across as a very strong and focussed individual. As a young black muslim boy from South London to come down here away from family and friends, get shipped out to places like Bideford and Truro and to remain totally grounded and able to take whatever gets thrown at him and still develop as a person and a player is quite inspirational. My advice is enjoy him now as he won't be with us for too much longer I suspect.
Spot on and I thought it was another great interview tonight.

gilbertshoot

Makes yer ruddy proud that we're churning out inspirational young lads like this. Sign of a great scouting system that we're poaching kids like him from the Smoke. Just wish we could keep hold of 'em longer.

Memphis09

Back on Cheik.

Just been watching some of Diabate's interviews regarding his development at Exeter and he comes across as a very strong and focussed individual. As a young black muslim boy from South London to come down here away from family and friends, get shipped out to places like Bideford and Truro and to remain totally grounded and able to take whatever gets thrown at him and still develop as a person and a player is quite inspirational. My advice is enjoy him now as he won't be with us for too much longer I suspect.
Very true definitely one who has a great future

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Full tribute from the Big Bank after the Orient game

SaintJames

The boy appears very humble which is an excellent quality. However, there should be no doubt as to his willingness to give everything for the team and his determination to win

sidney

Back on Cheik.

It's Cheick, mate...

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back on Cheik.

This is all very true and helps puts his achievements thus far into context. So lets start looking at a value for Cheick. Assuming he keeps up his current form to the end of the season, and bags a couple more goals, what figure are we realistically looking at?

The sudden rise of Jordan Storey at centre half, who also scored a few in his short time with us, I believe was sold for circa £750k. I think we're probably in a better financial position now but if a similar bid came in for Cheick would we be reluctant to sell for a similar amount?

Average Joe

This is all very true and helps puts his achievements thus far into context. So lets start looking at a value for Cheick. Assuming he keeps up his current form to the end of the season, and bags a couple more goals, what figure are we realistically looking at?

The sudden rise of Jordan Storey at centre half, who also scored a few in his short time with us, I believe was sold for circa £750k. I think we're probably in a better financial position now but if a similar bid came in for Cheick would we be reluctant to sell for a similar amount?
Anything above his asking price we would accept, if that is there isn't any clubs in a bidding war for him. I would say 750k is a reasonable amount. We do need to start selling players again.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think 750k would be a reasonable price should he continue performing the way he is.

I can't see clubs wanting to pay an awful lot more for someone of his experience with still a lot of learning to do.

Assuming we would have a sell on clause attached, it could end up being a lot more.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster

Depends what league we are in.

I always wanted to see a Jordan Storey, Jordan Moore Taylor combo developing at center back, we lost at Wembley and that team was broken up, both left.

Now I dream of seeing a young, dynamic back three of Hartridge, Diabate and Stubbs. Won't happen in league 2 but if we went up we might be able to hang on to them for another year? Or am I just being too hopeful?