• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure why everyone is writing off Dyer. Seems a tad premature to me.
Agree, he seems to be quite good on the ball compared to a lot of defenders.

Memphis09

Just don’t think he is good enough for league football

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just the harsh reality of the situation he faces. Despite being quite a decent prospect he is at the club at the wrong time in the wrong position. Like Will Dean being half decent isn't enough when your competition for a place in the squad are better or seen as brighter prospects. He is up against Diabate and Hartridge with Pond behind him. Once you add in Stubbs and Sweeney into the mix you already have five centre halfs contracted for next season. Therefore, unless at least one of those five is sold I cant see him being here next season. Given only him and Seymour haven't been ofefred new deals I think it's fairly clear he wont be here next season?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely. He’s had a similar career path to that of Alex Hartridge. Hopefully he can come good.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just the harsh reality of the situation he faces. Despite being quite a decent prospect he is at the club at the wrong time in the wrong position. Like Will Dean being half decent isn't enough when your competition for a place in the squad are better or seen as brighter prospects. He is up against Diabate and Hartridge with Pond behind him. Once you add in Stubbs and Sweeney into the mix you already have five centre halfs contracted for next season. Therefore, unless at least one of those five is sold I cant see him being here next season. Given only him and Seymour haven't been ofefred new deals I think it's fairly clear he wont be here next season?
That's pretty much how I see that. In a previous era both Dean and Dyer might well have become first team regulars but they are unlucky that Hartridge and Diabate are just that little bit better than them. I've said before that I think both of them could still find themselves playing league football in the future but it's up to them to get their heads down and prove themselves in non-league.

STURTZ

Back on Cheik.

Just been watching some of Diabate's interviews regarding his development at Exeter and he comes across as a very strong and focussed individual. As a young black muslim boy from South London to come down here away from family and friends, get shipped out to places like Bideford and Truro and to remain totally grounded and able to take whatever gets thrown at him and still develop as a person and a player is quite inspirational. My advice is enjoy him now as he won't be with us for too much longer I suspect.

andrew p long

going to be busy with the media boys...tonight's winner v Orient ensures another interview and we still haven't had the presentation of January's Player of the Month yet...

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could even play up front where he doesn't have to play forward only score !
He'll help take pressure off Nombe & Co

denzel

Could even play up front where he doesn't have to play forward only score !
He'll help take pressure off Nombe & Co
I did say that when our only option was Podge. But then we would have missed him at the back..

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I did say that when our only option was Podge. But then we would have missed him at the back..
Bring back Ray and let Cheick play up front then !