• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am sure he came back from Truro a better player too, to suggest it was just his time at Bath that made him a better player is a bit unfair on Truro, if he didn’t develop at Truro he probably wouldn’t have been in a position to go to Bath and develop further
I didn't say he didn't develop at Truro, just that it was his spell at Bath that preceded his elevation to the first team squad.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s actually pronounced ‘Cheque’.
Sorry. My mistake 😀

Albumen

To be honest I had to double Cheick.

Sorry. My mistake 😀

jase 07

I didn't say he didn't develop at Truro, just that it was his spell at Bath that preceded his elevation to the first team squad.
Ah I see what you are saying now, the way I read it initially was that as Truro and Bath were both mentioned in the comment you replied to and you said he came back from Bath a better player, that implied he didn’t come back from Truro a better player, I see what you mean now 👍

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be honest I had to double Cheick.
Enough of your cheek

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great praise from his manager

andrew p long

I am in the same camp as SEA Grecian (on another thread) on this.

Diabate has been our best central defender in the last (his first) 3 games. OK others have been out injured/ill and some coming back not fully fit.

But for me next game it is who plays with Diabate rather than who replaces him. And that remains the case if he continues this form. Wildly optimistic perhaps but I think there is the possibility that he'll do a Jordan Storey and go from nowhere (well, Truro!) to first choice in just a couple of months.

Red Devon

I am in the same camp as SEA Grecian (on another thread) on this.

Diabate has been our best central defender in the last (his first) 3 games. OK others have been out injured/ill and some coming back not fully fit.

But for me next game it is who plays with Diabate rather than who replaces him. And that remains the case if he continues this form. Wildly optimistic perhaps but I think there is the possibility that he'll do a Jordan Storey and go from nowhere (well, Truro!) to first choice in just a couple of months.
As well has he’s done in the last three games, when everyone is fit I still think we’ll see Hartridge and Ray back in the team with Cheick being eased along slowly and game time coming from the bench for now, I’d be disappointed to see him go back out on loan again though.

gui

He’s a great player and I really like him .
He’s a very strong no nonsense central defender .
I’ll definitely have him in my first XI all the time .

Squeezebox

He’s a great player and I really like him .
He’s a very strong no nonsense central defender .
I’ll definitely have him in my first XI all the time .
With your posts I keep thinking you're trying to write in verse, but then I'm old school and think that poems need to rhyme!