• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
We will soon find out which way it is if his form doesn't settle down in the next few matches.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
There were similar concerns about Hartridge at one point. Cheick will be fine.

robchave

Any news on Cheick's injury?

robchave

Any news on Cheick's injury?
Sorry, should have looked at DevonLive first!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
GC said it looks like a recurrence of his metatarsal injury which I would blame on the fact that he was rushed back too early after the initial break. If so I wouldn't be surprised to see him having an operation as happened with JMT, could be out for some time in that case.

Boyo

GC said it looks like a recurrence of his metatarsal injury which I would blame on the fact that he was rushed back too early after the initial break. If so I wouldn't be surprised to see him having an operation as happened with JMT, could be out for some time in that case.
His comeback game was the 26th November, which was ten weeks ago. So it was nothing to do with being "rushed back too early".

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
His comeback game was the 26th November, which was ten weeks ago. So it was nothing to do with being "rushed back too early".
I thought he broke down before 26 Nov after foot injury - think Matt T rushed him back ?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheick was in the stands at the Shrewsbury game with his foot in a boot. He confirmed to someone asking that it was a reoccurrence of his previous injury and he would be out for about 2 months.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cheick was in the stands at the Shrewsbury game with his foot in a boot. He confirmed to someone asking that it was a reoccurrence of his previous injury and he would be out for about 2 months.
that's very close to season ending...two months after 15 April there will be four games left.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
that's very close to season ending...two months after 15 April there will be four games left.
Yes, I doubt we'll see much of him again this season. Hopefully we can keep Grounds fit as any combination of Grounds, Aimson, Hartridge, and Sweeney is good enough.