• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

jase 07

I can only think the ref got Cheick mixed up with Niall Thompson who was booked for kicking the ball away earlier in the game. Bit embarrassing for the ref I should think as Thompson had just been subbed (for Ellis Johnson) a couple of minutes before sending Cheick off.

Edit: Looks like Cheick didn't go quietly which is understandable.

The ref has had a shocker here, Chieck is about a foot taller than Niall Thompson 😂

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The ref has had a shocker here, Chieck is about a foot taller than Niall Thompson 😂
and Cheickh is 20 , Thompson is 28. The ref has now explained that it was a confusion about players numbers that led to his mistake.

That's quite a fortunate explanation of what could otherwise be a really troubling incident.

jrg333

a really troubling incident.
Man confuses man for another man.

"a really troubling incident..."

Oh come on! Step away from the BBC... Let's allow people to make simple mistakes without hinting that they are fascists for goodness sake. Describing simple confusion as 'really troubling' is just pathetic. Well done for signalling how virtuous you are and how aware of 'wrongthink' you can be....! Doubtless you could be relied upon to decide who needs 're-education', comrade... The ministry of truth appreciates your service.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Oh come on! Step away from the BBC... Let's allow people to make simple mistakes without hinting that they are fascists for goodness sake. Describing simple confusion as 'really troubling' is just pathetic. Well done for signalling how virtuous you are and how aware of 'wrongthink' you can be....! Doubtless you could be relied upon to decide who needs 're-education', comrade... The ministry of truth appreciates your service.
You seriously think that is an appropriate response? This is a sad indictment of your own disappointing politics.

Bridgy 81

I’m not at all keen on this type of stridently vitriolic post.
Although I’m sure he doesn’t need me to defend him, andrew in my view, is a very interesting and valuable contributor to this forum and deserves more respect for that than your post gives him.

red1

Been recalled from Truro. Will he play Saturday?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose there is potential he might have to.

Am I correct in thinking our only confirmed fit central defender is George Ray?

Stubbs is apparently ready to go, but that seems to change depending on what way the wind is blowing.

Hartridge and Sweeney picked up injuries on the weekend but we don't know whether one or both are fit/injured.

Jonathan Grounds is fit as far as I can gather and can play in a 3.

All a bit up in the air I guess.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
why has a new thread been started when he has his own thread already?

Colesman Ballz

Because Red 1 is a lazy ****** ? 😎

andrew p long

which only started earlier this season.

also that thread title spells his name as it is spelt on City's website. Unfortunately auto correct often auto mis-corrects it to the version in the title of this thread.