• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If there's a lesson to be learnt from this it's... if you're gonna use Wikipedia as your reference source at least make sure you get the right Chieck Diabate and not the one who plays in the Qatar Stars League, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheick_Diabaté_(footballer).

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fact that he was actually ejected from the ground made me wonder whether there was a racist element to what the lad was shouting at Chieck.
That's what I was thinking at the time.No mention of it after the match.

jimbo-gould

The fact that he was actually ejected from the ground made me wonder whether there was a racist element to what the lad was shouting at Chieck.
We’d have known about that by now if there was anything racist said. I’m sure Cheick would’ve said something to the ref or in the dressing room immediately after the game. I just think it was a young player who let his frustration get the better of him. He’ll learn and know not to do it again.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
If there's a lesson to be learnt from this it's... if you're gonna use Wikipedia as your reference source at least make sure you get the right Chieck Diabate and not the one who plays in the Qatar Stars League, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheick_Diabaté_(footballer).
Shockingly lazy journalism (n) (n) (n)

Positive spin

More quality reporting from TheSun

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or he could have just been really pi$$ed off that he was shoved. There's nothing to suggest any racial element to any of it.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shockingly lazy journalism (n) (n) (n)
Why? Genuine question.

iscalad

Why? Genuine question.
How old is Cheick? .........

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How old is Cheick? .........
20?

Spoonz Red E

Why? Genuine question.
The Sun obviously just googled this guy who is 33 and has the same name.
So they claim our Cheick is 33 in the report.