• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And top marks to the media team: Scott Palfrey for his set of questions and relaxed interviewing style and others for the multi-camera work and editing.
Jed and Craig are both fantastic interviewers and clearly have a great rapport with the players; however, I do think Scott comes into his own with these longer interviews.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And now the Grecian family are behind him.
Up the Cheick ! (UTC)
It's not the just the fans and support staff, though. You can see from the goal celebration and the scenes at the full time whistle how much the other players appreciate how hard he has worked and the challenges he has faced - it's hard to hear exactly what Podge says but it's along the lines of 'enjoy the moment - you've earned it.'

CWH-NYC_

Another rock solid display, can’t recall a lapse all game. He is going to be some asset.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really good joke. Almost as funny as when FBH cracked it at post 96 on this thread!
I prefer to think he takes the ball from the opposing player en passant.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another rock solid display, can’t recall a lapse all game. He is going to be some asset.
He IS an asset us Grecians should be proud of until he is sold at end of season to the highest bidder (hopefully NOT Chelski)

dontpassback

It pains me very much to say it,but during his loan time at Truro city I think mr wotton had some positive influence on checks play,so credit where it’s due albeit grudgingly to the green leg end !

Spoonz Red E

I noticed Matt Taylor pronounced his name as 'Deerbatter' in the post match interview.
BBC guy still pronouncing it as 'Deer bah tay'.

Anyone know which is correct?

STURTZ

I noticed Matt Taylor pronounced his name as 'Deerbatter' in the post match interview.

Believe it's actually pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove.

Alistair20000

Deerbatter will make crafting an Advent Calendar Quiz question a tad easier so I too am interested in the answer.

The deluder

It pains me very much to say it,but during his loan time at Truro city I think mr wotton had some positive influence on checks play,so credit where it’s due albeit grudgingly to the green leg end !
When Cheick does get sold I hope the club provide some financial acknowledgement for the role Try to and Mr Wotton have played in his development.