• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate and Lewis Wilson on loan to Bideford

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to see this deal done nice and early. I have high hope for Diabate.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Indeed, Diabate has always looked the real deal whenever I've seen him play.

jimbo-gould

Curious what Diabate and Wilson play like (style over position), as I’ve not seen either play.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed, Diabate has always looked the real deal whenever I've seen him play.
Yep, the ideal centre back too. He has grown over lockdown and is a giant at 6ft2. Would not be surprised to see him come into first team reckoning soon.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Curious what Diabate and Wilson play like (style over position), as I’ve not seen either play.
Wilson plays like Ollie does now - kerching !

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still hope we can attract some sponsorship from a healthcare company for Diabate - Cheick says check yourselves 😳

Red Devon

I still hope we can attract some sponsorship from a healthcare company for Diabate - Cheick says check yourselves 😳
Perhaps novo nordisk would be interested 😌

andrew p long

Bideford play at quite a low level for players who might get into City’s first team. It’s four levels below League Two. In between is the National League, National League South (and North), Southern League Premier South ( and Central) - and then Southern League Division One (South) which is the one these loanees are going to. And going for six months too so although Diabate is an encouraging prospect I am not getting my hopes up for seeing him in City’s first team squad this season.

Colesman Ballz

Bideford play at quite a low level for players who might get into City’s first team. It’s four levels below League Two. In between is the National League, National League South (and North), Southern League Premier South ( and Central) - and then Southern League Division One (South) which is the one these loanees are going to. And going for six months too so although Diabate is an encouraging prospect I am not getting my hopes up for seeing him in City’s first team squad this season.
It will be all about how he transitions into mens football and his speed of deveopment . It is a half season loan, so if he excels we can look to loan him out at a higher level in the second half. Take Storey, he was loaned to Dorchester , recalled and played someting like 14 or 15 games for us and then catapulted into the Championship .

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cheick Diabate has now been loaned to Tiverton until January.