• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton Away - Saturday 10 September

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the tips.
I have thought about staying somewhere further out and using public transport to get to the game but I’m concerned that they’ll be a rail strike and I’ll be ‘stranded’ about 25/30 miles from the Valley and then reliant on driving in, which would defeat the point really.
We do like spending time in London though. We went up last December on the bus which for us terminates in Hammersmith. We stayed there, went into London on the tube and walked over to Shepherds Bush for a gig.
We did call into Covent Garden too, which my wife always enjoys, but still unfortunately recalls an incident there when a pigeon flying overhead shat in her jacket potato. I probably didn’t help matters by suggesting she ate around it.
Train strikes are a pain for organising away trips. I'm trying to cancel my train tickets for Cheltenham's at home and it's a complete pain, harder than buying them in the first place.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tickets on sale, 710 of them

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tickets on sale, 710 of them
They should be on offer at half price if the seats are still the same size ! :cool:

Thames Valley Red

5 tickets bought at this end.

Thames Valley Red

Anyone thinking of a boat taxis and central pub like last time we went. The London Exiles sorted a decent Boozer, what is the plan?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We've already sold 255 tickets!

Red Devon

We've already sold 255 tickets!
More than that ;)

TOP_CITY_FAN

I’ll be there along with a West Ham fan and an Arsenal fan, followed by a night out in Eltham.

Red Devon

Engineering work on the Waterloo line that weekend, looks like I’m going to have to find another way.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Engineering work on the Waterloo line that weekend, looks like I’m going to have to find another way.
Buses replace trains between Basingstoke and Woking. :(