• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charity Event

Southampton Gull

Some of you guys will remember me relaying the news of the tragic death of a friend of mine, Wayne Hodder. He played for Dotnet against the Exeweb team in the Chris Todd Charity game.

There's an event coming up at Goals in Southampton and I was wondering if you lads could put together a side to play in the tournament. I'll be arranging a TorquayFans.com team and hope you can do the same. The charity is his young sons trust fund, a worthwhile cause when you consider how young he is.

Here's the link to the Facebook page, my son (who some of you will remember, especially Mr Harris :D ) is arranging it and now works on the management team after coaching kids there for a number of years and he's very keen to make it a memorable day for all concerned.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=544030378#!/event.php?eid=173680532702952

Last edited:

Southampton Gull

It seems that I got it wrong with regards to the Charity, proceeds to go towards a Paramedics charity after a change requested by Wayne's family, apologies if I confused anyone.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Floydy, good luck with this. Of course I remember Wayne, and was yet again reminded how fragile life is when we heard the news so soon after the great dotnet game.

As for your lad, Harris still owes me a pint for guarding the far post second half. We couldn't handle your lad that day, and on the basis that the game was near Channings Wood, got out of jail that day.

Hope you raise loads.

newburygrecian

Will prod Norm and see what we can do about getting an SCG team together. If I can't, good luck with it all mate.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will prod Norm and see what we can do about getting an SCG team together. If I can't, good luck with it all mate.
Norm still plays football? Bleddy hell, that has to be seen. :) Happy to volunteer my son for a team (he'll be just a few days off 16).

southamptongrecian

Norm still plays football? Bleddy hell, that has to be seen. :) Happy to volunteer my son for a team (he'll be just a few days off 16).
best I could do would be one of the goalpost.

agree with Newbury and will try and get a South Coast Grecians team together, anyone interested in playing contact me or N webury.

Also Dave as I wont be playing any help needed either on the day or before give me a shout.

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Send us some details on the fund matey.

Good luck with it all.

Southampton Gull

Cheers lads, will do !!