• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charity and other donations

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My company supports Challengers locally and they're reporting that they are struggling, and may not be able to continue their support of young disabled people in the way they have in the past. If you can help then go to

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you're able to help out Exeter Foodbank

Legohead

Banned
Custard? Does anyone even eat that anymore? Last time I had it was at school in the 80's.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Custard? Does anyone even eat that anymore? Last time I had it was at school in the 80's.
Loads of people do. The powdered variety has made quite a comeback. But they want the ready made stuff. Goes great with Apple Crumble.

Dannyred

Has to be Devon Custard :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My dad sold his milk to Ambrosia before the days of the MMB. Anyways, this is what they need, or tins.

Legohead

Banned
Just seems like an odd item to need as a 'staple' food. Sponge pudding also. Bit weird.

Great cause though and many people struggling to feed their families at this moment in time. It has reminded me to do a clean out of my food cupboards and get anything that is suitable to be donated down to the local foodbank. Also to buy a few items more when we go shopping to donate which i usually do but often forget.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
https://www.hopeforhasti.org/news

Just been up to the Wyvern Barracks Garrison to see this ex squaddie off on his barefoot walk across Britain , Today he is walking towards Yarcombe along the old roads Rockbeare, Fenny Bridge Honiton etc and if anyone would like to donate or even see's him along the route to give a clap would be good.

Bridgy 81

Hopefully this is an appropriate thread to post this.

Norwich City have recently done a very worthwhile exercise to generate some money for charity.
To coincide with World Mental Health Day their usual shirt sponsors stepped aside for one match recently and the Samaritans logo was displayed instead.
Yesterday there was an auction of the signed shirts (match worn and player issue) on their club website and it raised over £6k, all of which will be donated to Samaritans.