• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Championship 22/23

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems an eternity since we vied with Luton and Coventry in League 2 for a place in League 1 .That Wembley defeat v Coventry is etched into my brain.

iscalad

Seems an eternity since we vied with Luton and Coventry in League 2 for a place in League 1 .That Wembley defeat v Coventry is etched into my brain.
Grr...Thanks for the reminder...

Banksy

Grr...Thanks for the reminder...
We all went through our own measure of suffering that day. I’d come to my own conclusion way before that after Blackpool , that the only way we were ever going up was in one the auto positions and Coventry and Northampton proved that in spades.Playoffs , you can stuff ‘em.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The three playoffs produced varying degrees of huffiness on my part. Blackpool where they went full Wycombe and we were lacklustre in trying to break them down. Coventry I just thought they were better than us but we made it easier for them. Northampton - well, to quote FBH of this parish, "still fuming" - that "performance" was right down there in the depths of our worst ever performances I'd witnessed.

denzel

5 years ago!
All three clubs have come a long way since then, I think Coventry beat Notts County in the semis before playing us, with County falling off a cliff the next season.

denzel

The three playoffs produced varying degrees of huffiness on my part. Blackpool where they went full Wycombe and we were lacklustre in trying to break them down. Coventry I just thought they were better than us but we made it easier for them. Northampton - well, to quote FBH of this parish, "still fuming" - that "performance" was right down there in the depths of our worst ever performances I'd witnessed.
I'm willing to write off Northampton as it was after the resumption of covid and was a very strange time. At least we didn't spend hundreds on going to Wembley.
Plus they came straight back down so were we really good enough at the time?

DB9

Luton win promotion to the PL, Winning 6-5 on pens after it finished 1-1 AET.

Alistair20000

Luton win promotion to the PL, Winning 6-5 on pens after it finished 1-1 AET.
Some very cool penalty conversions in the shootout. Just the one miss.

Banksy

We all went through our own measure of suffering that day. I’d come to my own conclusion way before that after Blackpool , that the only way we were ever going up was in one the auto positions and Coventry and Northampton proved that in spades.Playoffs , you can stuff ‘em.
Now it’s Coventry‘s turn to say ‘playoffs you can stuff ‘em.’ 😀

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bleddy Luton.