• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Championship 20/21

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think its a case of the PL being a moneypit, They have the TV riches, The Championship is the moneypit, Owners of clubs that have been in the PL and want to get back there pour money into them with very little money from TV compared to the PL, For a neutral The Championship is a far better product than the PL, With almost half if not more having a chance to go up come Xmas, Its great to watch but spending say 110% of your income is not good business and every season you try to go up and fail, It costs more and more.

"Strive to increase income, spend sensibly and sustainably, see where we can get to."

I think we have (Since the Trust has been in charge) done this but it does give us a disadvantage when 96% of other teams don't hold to this, Even after the debacle of the ESL and this trying to get fans more say within PL clubs is great in Theory but when these great players, Flash new stadiums and facilities etc don't turn up and the owners say "We don't have the money etc" I'll bet anything those PL fans won't like it, While the FA/PL have the stranglehold on the money it will always be as this.
I was thinking of money pit as in ball pit with them swimming around on bundles of £50's rather than pit as in black hole 😉.

We can only do what is right for us, which as you say, we are doing. What other clubs do is out of our control. We just have to do what we do to the best of our ability and see where it stacks up against everyone else.

Reactions: DB9

denzel

Absolutely shocking from Brentford today. Every single person up for a corner. Bournemouth just pump it up to Danjuma who scores.

manc grecian

Good of Bournemouth to return the favour. Ankle tap denying a certain try. 1-1 Bournemouth down to 10

denzel

Cracking game this.

DB9

FA Cup final 20,000 tickets made available, Championship Play Off final at the same venue only 10,000 tickets being made available?

Alistair20000

FA Cup final 20,000 tickets made available, Championship Play Off final at the same venue only 10,000 tickets being made available?
The reason given is that the current government micromanaging guidelines allow only 10,000 in seated outdoor events. The FA Cup was an Events Research match used as a “pilot” where a larger number was permitted to test the outcome.

DB9

The reason given is that the current government micromanaging guidelines allow only 10,000 in seated outdoor events. The FA Cup was an Events Research match used as a “pilot” where a larger number was permitted to test the outcome.
Ridiculous though, Especially in a stadium that holds 90k+

Red Devon

Championship playoff final today.

Brentford v Swansea - difficult to call this with any certainty, as much as I’d like to see Matt Grimes in the Premier League it would also be good to see Brentford have a go at it....or will the red&white striped shirt Wembley hoodoo strike again.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Championship playoff final today.

Brentford v Swansea - difficult to call this with any certainty, as much as I’d like to see Matt Grimes in the Premier League it would also be good to see Brentford have a go at it....or will the red&white striped shirt Wembley hoodoo strike again.
I wonder how many times they'll say this is the biggest biggest prize in football
:sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Red Devon

I wonder how many times they'll say this is the biggest biggest prize in football
:sleep:
I thought that was tonight ;)